• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Oh MO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

It shouldn't be a factor

It can be a factor in why one team might get gassed sooner than the home team. There's a reason why the Broncos have a much higher winning % in the playoffs at home vs. away. Some of it is the home crowd, but some of it is absolutely the altitude.

Altitude is low on the list of reasons why NU lost that game. But it still is on the list.

It can be a factor in why one team might get gassed sooner than the home team. There's a reason why the Broncos have a much higher winning % in the playoffs at home vs. away. Some of it is the home crowd, but some of it is absolutely the altitude.

Altitude is low on the list of reasons why NU lost that game. But it still is on the list.
I was just playing around with the whole "it's science" thing. BUT. Since you brought it up and some reading I did on this in the last few days seems to suggest that teams that play and practice in higher elevation do have an advantage. They are researching also those same teams at lower elevation and it points to yet not definitive that those same teams have an advantage at lower elevation because of the oxygen intake and blood flow.
Was pretty interesting

I was just playing around with the whole "it's science" thing. BUT. Since you brought it up and some reading I did on this in the last few days seems to suggest that teams that play and practice in higher elevation do have an advantage. They are researching also those same teams at lower elevation and it points to yet not definitive that those same teams have an advantage at lower elevation because of the oxygen intake and blood flow.
Was pretty interesting

When the Steelers would play in Denver, Ryan Clark had to sit out the game because the low oxygen put his life at risk since he has sickle cell anemia.

When the Steelers would play in Denver, Ryan Clark had to sit out the game because the low oxygen put his life at risk since he has sickle cell anemia.
Yeah I bet that would make a difference as any immune system diseases could be a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back