• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Light years

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
I have been hearing we are light years ahead of this, light years ahead of that, for something like 16 years now. Every coach since Clownahan has said "light years." So today, 9/10/19, what are we light years ahead of or behind of? Inquiring minds want to know.

We are light years behind where we'd be if Beelzebub SP would never have been given the keys to the kingdom of heaven.
I can say without question I despise SP.
We can point fingers at some coaches, Eichorst, Perlman etc...but he is the catalyst for the downfall and an absolute clown in my book. Still inconceivable to me what he did.

Last edited:

A lightyear is a measure of distance, not time. So while the phrase "lightyears ahead" applies to how FAR we may have come, it's a bit ironically frustrating that we've been saying it for a really long time.

I have been hearing we are light years ahead of this, light years ahead of that, for something like 16 years now. Every coach since Clownahan has said "light years." So today, 9/10/19, what are we light years ahead of or behind of? Inquiring minds want to know.
Don't know. Don't care.
We have a fun team and a good coach.
We've got some issues as well.
Just gonna enjoy the ride and not be overly critical or overly hyped. Certainly the last 20 years has taught us that much.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back