• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Just finished watching the NU/CU game.

Sooner 24

BOOMER SOONER!!!
20 Year Member
I was in Norman Saturday and had just heard the final score but no details.

I recorded the game off of FS1 and just finished watching it. In my unprofessional opinion the turning point in the game were the three plays when Nebraska had 1st and 10 on the Colorado 15 and had to settle for a field goal. If Nebraska goes up 21-0 at the half I think the game is over.

With that said there still was no reason Nebraska should have lost that game.

Last edited:

I recorded the game off of FS1 and just finished watching it. In my unprofessional opinion the turning point in the game were the three plays when Nebraska had 1st and 10 on the Colorado 15 and had to settle for a field goal. If Nebraska goes up 21-0 at the half I think the game is over.

I felt it was the first series in the second half. CU hadn't stopped them all day, then we come out and look like the keystone cops. Then the last 20 years of doubt comes in, and voilà

Erase my Hulu recording right off the bat ...... never watched it. Atrocious!!! Playcalling sucks.

Mike Riley II

Add to that failed late second quarter drive the clunkers the offense dropped early in the third and you could just see it unraveling.

The play calling on that series was absolutely terrible imo. Why 3 running plays in the RZ when AM had been shredding their secondary? It looked like we were afraid of a INT and decided if we couldn't just run it in we'd try a FG? I'll always believe had we gone up 21-0 it would have opened the flood gates and CU wouldn't have come back. BTW with those 4 points there's no tie, no OT even if CU scored the same amount of points in the 2nd half................

I disagree. Colorado deserved to win the game. They fought and clawed their way to victory, and they earned it. I'd say the same the same thing about Nebraska had we shown that type of heart and effort.

The better team won on Saturday.

The Buffs are an even better team this year. They should be the champs of the Pacific Division by year's end. The Huskers pulled off a near miracle by almost beating them. Especially after what they did to their in-state rivals the week before.

Whatever predictions anyone had about the outcome of this game, honestly, after the South Alabama game, one surely thought we would need Lady Luck to avoid getting massacred.

The Huskers will improve a lot with each game and will have a great season.

The play calling on that series was absolutely terrible imo. Why 3 running plays in the RZ when AM had been shredding their secondary? It looked like we were afraid of a INT and decided if we couldn't just run it in we'd try a FG? I'll always believe had we gone up 21-0 it would have opened the flood gates and CU wouldn't have come back. BTW with those 4 points there's no tie, no OT even if CU scored the same amount of points in the 2nd half................

I actually thought the same thing. I was asking myself Why am I feeling so uneasy that we didn't get a touchdown. Made sense about an hour later.

I disagree. Colorado deserved to win the game. They fought and clawed their way to victory, and they earned it. I'd say the same the same thing about Nebraska had we shown that type of heart and effort.

The better team won on Saturday.
My initial reaction was the just congratulate Colorado. Have to give them credit. Their home stadium was an away game, down by 17, no ball to start the 2nd half.

After all that emotion was spent I moved on to analyzing the game. It's more obvious in hindsight where things went wrong. We weren't even close to knowing what we wanted to do for some reason. We SHOULD have been the better team, but sadly we were not.

My initial reaction was the just congratulate Colorado. Have to give them credit. Their home stadium was an away game, down by 17, no ball to start the 2nd half.

After all that emotion was spent I moved on to analyzing the game. It's more obvious in hindsight where things went wrong. We weren't even close to knowing what we wanted to do for some reason. We SHOULD have been the better team, but sadly we were not.
We should have been able to put up 28 points in first half imo. CU DOES NOT have a good defense but for some reason except for the first 2 drives we went into "play it safe" mode early on! This offense is a big play wide open wham, blam, thank you mame which went off the rails! Ultimately it resulted in our defense getting gassed and we started playing even more not to lose!

I absolutely believe Frost is the right man to bring the program back to national prominence however he's been squarely out coached in our first two games imo. IMO it WAS NOT a talent issue in Boulder but rather a play calling and scheme issue in the 2nd half that resulted in that debacle.

Frost is still learning and hopefully took the right things away from that gut wrenching loss! How many times have we seen teams trying to protect a slim lead only to get beat in the end? This is going to be a very up and down season.......... extremely bumpy so fasten your seatbelt. I was wrong in believing we could win 10 games this year! Going to more like 8 IF we can get our act together while avoiding injuries......

Last edited:

Agree...I mean those extra 4 points means no OT and a win. ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back