• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4th straight overtime loss without even scoring

I looked up the last five OT games:

0 points
0 first downs
8 yards of net total offense in 16 plays
Passing 3-9, 20 yards, 2 INT
Sacked twice, -17 yards
That's 11 pass plays for 3 net yards
5 running plays for 5 net yards (0, 1, 2, 3, -1)

Last edited:
Simply pathetic stats, period. I would venture to say that no other team's overtime stats could even come close to those nightmarish 5 OT HUSKER game stats above.

Frost said he called the run plays because he didn’t want to risk an interception. Seems he completely forgot about that “no fear of failure” stuff he has been preaching.
I think it shows how much pressure he feels. It suggests he really doesn’t have time for a rebuild. All of the talk about being a “second year wonder” coach and many considering us a B1G West contender and talk of 9 wins put him in “just hold on and get out of here with a win” mode.

I think it shows how much pressure he feels. It suggests he really doesn’t have time for a rebuild. All of the talk about being a “second year wonder” coach and many considering us a B1G West contender and talk of 9 wins put him in “just hold on and get out of here with a win” mode.
Frost should just say. Here hold my beer. I'll be back for it before it gets warm

It's mostly a personal and lack of depth, issue, holes to fill etc

Coaching could and should be better but a lot of it is dictated because of the above

It ain't going to be easy but we will get thete

Um, we have bigger issues than personnel and lack of depth....both of which we had in spades over our last defeat.

0 points
0 first downs
Sacked twice, -17 yards

:(

0 points
0 first downs
Sacked twice, -17 yards

:(
Yikes! You almost have to try to be that bad. That is complete incompetence. Perhaps not all that surprising for the three Riley games, but very alarming for the two Frost games.

I doubt that any other D-1 college team has gone five straight overtimes without even a first down since OT was added in the mid-90's. I haven't researched the statistics, but I would guess that teams score on OT possessions about 65% of the time.

Yikes! You almost have to try to be that bad. That is complete incompetence. Perhaps not all that surprising for the three Riley games, but very alarming for the two Frost games.

I doubt that any other D-1 college team has gone five straight overtimes without even a first down since OT was added in the mid-90's. I haven't researched the statistics, but I would guess that teams score on OT possessions about 65% of the time.
Red zone and overtime can be very telling of offensive ability. Obviously the field is short and there is a strategy to at least maintain field goal position. When Colorado was held to a field goal, and we don't even get that, there is a problem. Frost said he was afraid of a potential interception. Wait, what? We don't have high percentage pass plays for red zone? Might want to think about installing one or two Frost. Thing is we didn't see those the first 4 quarters either, unless it was to the sideline.

It hasn't been awful. But I won't convince you otherwise.

5 and 9 is in the awful category for me. 7-7 would be in the average category. 9 and 5 would be in the good category. 11 and 3 would be in the great category. Just for reference.

You can go from awful to great. It's done all over the place. Too many examples to list. So of course I hope it happens. But it's ok to point out what's awful or just not good. It really is ok.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back