• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Some Things I Don't Understand

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
Its not the same staff from Oregon to UCF to today.

My evidence is going on two seasons. I'm still repeating arguments from last season. Same crap is broke as last year. Still was broke in the spring. It is still broke two games into the season. It is not even everything broken, just repetitive broken things not changing.

Again, look at the offensive output under Frost in his career. Even last year when AM was healthy. It's not perfect, far from it. And something is off this year so far. But some cuz on a message board vs. him when it comes it offensive systems and coaching?

My evidence is Oregon, UCF, and the last 6 games of last year. But I'm sure your evidence tops that.
I think he means evidence at the school he has been coaching at, as a head coach. So, he was not a head coach at Oregon. He coached UCF in an extremely low conference. And he is 5 and 9 here. So, yes, sounds like my evidence does top that.

Look, I like Frost. And I think he'll be the answer to being a top program in so many years. But right now there is a painful curve that gets somehow a pass until he achieves that. Which is silly. Frost can get the criticism from an intelligent display of observation and analysis just like everyone else. Why are you and others so quick to defend the program from any sort of high level critique? Some resorting to saying things like...hey, its just a sport. Hey, you didn't play the game. Hey, find another hobby. That's just juvenile. No X's and O's , we're here for a group hug?

I think he means evidence at the school he has been coaching at, as a head coach. So, he was not a head coach at Oregon. He coached UCF in an extremely low conference. And he is 5 and 9 here. So, yes, sounds like my evidence does top that.

Look, I like Frost. And I think he'll be the answer to being a top program in so many years. But right now there is a painful curve that gets somehow a pass until he achieves that. Which is silly. Frost can get the criticism from an intelligent display of observation and analysis just like everyone else. Why are you and others so quick to defend the program from any sort of high level critique? Some resorting to saying things like...hey, its just a sport. Hey, you didn't play the game. Hey, find another hobby. That's just juvenile. No X's and O's , we're here for a group hug?

What's juvenile is people offering up criticism without really knowing what they're talking about.
You dismiss Frost's experience as Oregon's playcaller, yet that is completely relevant. You dismiss the AAC as a bad conference, but he was at an AAC school so everything is relative. He inherited a dumpster fire from a .500 coach, and they still ended up a too 25 offense in so e categories.
I don't want a group hug, I just don't want silly talk.

What's juvenile is people offering up criticism without really knowing what they're talking about.
You dismiss Frost's experience as Oregon's playcaller, yet that is completely relevant. You dismiss the AAC as a bad conference, but he was at an AAC school so everything is relative. He inherited a dumpster fire from a .500 coach, and they still ended up a too 25 offense in so e categories.
I don't want a group hug, I just don't want silly talk.
4-8....1 and 1...see you next week. We'll go from there...to be continued.

I agree that it is healthy. Honesty usually is. Clarity. Try it some time. You might find it refreshing. Or you could just say you offer perspective, then say you don't. Which is weird.

Heres some perspective:. Don't convince yourself you're being honest, when you really aren't, because you're mad about a college football game.

It's alright, HuskerJ, leave Saint goodnterrible to fight off all the villains around here that dislike mediocrity. How dare anyone demand, you know, success. That is so 1995. (Kind of like his Madden comments.)

It's alright, HuskerJ, leave Saint goodnterrible to fight off all the villains around here that dislike mediocrity. How dare anyone demand, you know, success. That is so 1995. (Kind of like his Madden comments.)

If that's your expectation, you're gonna be disappointed an awful lot.

If that's your expectation, you're gonna be disappointed an awful lot.
images

Agreed, and especially, when you don't have the big Hogmollies up on the O line to open up gaping holes for your RB's to gash through. I honestly don't think we are that far off, and it may indeed be next year or even 2021, but I think we have the coaching staff to make this happen. I'm not overly concerned at this point in time. GBR
No question we need more big fellas up front. Until then, I think we need to keep the play calling a little closer to the vest at times. Agree we have the right coaching staff... just stinks watching the growing pains sometimes.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back