• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Interesting Tweet

Actually, coming to Boulder 2-3 days before the game would be the best strategy. Altitude sickness often begins within an hour or two of arrival at altitude. Most slight cases (like what a mere 5400 feet in Boulder is most likely to cause) last only a day or two at the very most. Come in Wednesday and play on Saturday. Plus, they would have legal pot for the nausea. The trainers could (happily) pre-test it for the players.
Here's what NFL teams usually do for away games..... Anyone that doesn't believe you getting tired pretty fast has never done any strenuous exercise when over 5000 ft! Our guys were totally sucking wind and you could see it! HCSF isn't going to use it as an excuse nor should he but it was a factor in that game!

For a Sunday game, the visiting team usually travels to the city where they’re playing that game on Thursday or Friday. For Monday night games, a day after that. In the past few seasons, there have been a couple of teams that have had consecutive games on the other coast and decided, instead of flying all the way home and they flying back out for the next game, they stayed somewhere close to the site of the second game.

Altitude was discussed ad nauseam before the game and was poo poo'd off. The coaches poo poo'd it off too, saying it wasn't a factor and we were in great shape. Or something like that.

Now suddenly it's a big deal. If it's not a big deal, then why do NFL teams spend such time researching and managing it when going to Denver?

Just because something is "poo pooed" in because doesn't mean it was privately.

you always have to be a complete dick. Works well for you
I’m not one of the large percentage of the buttwipe brigade who are certain they have all the answers, have lashed out at the players and staff, and refuse to believe there are methods to building a football program that may not follow Tom Osborne’s blueprint every step of the way, but yes, I do tend to be a dick when I read the tripe we are being blessed with this week from you and your buddies.

you don’t create doubt before the game when it should be a concern Yet now use it as an excuse after the game. As Blast said. Talking out both sides.
Maybe it’s just me, but this was tough to read. As for your assertion the staff doesn’t discuss all things factually, but do admit there may have been contributing factors, I’d ask you if we really believed AM was just fine the first game or two after the injury last year? It was obvious to all he wasn’t 100%, but Frost always said he was practicing well. Was it an excuse when AM had some struggles? Was it the only reason? Or was it a contributing reason we had some struggles in those games? No difference in how the altitude has been discussed. It wasn’t blamed by the staff as the reason we lost, it was mentioned as one of the factors.

You might want to just give it up, you are looking pretty foolish.

Last edited:

You don't do your best thinking at high altitude. But western Nebraska is at 5,000 feet. Omaha is at 1,100 to 1,300 feet. Lincoln is a bit higher, but not much.

5,000 feet altitude didn't cause Dismuke to avoid a bump on the 100 yard pass play. Dismuke literally went out of his way to avoid bumping the slot crossing his face. Think about it, he knows his safety is man and he's letting the slot release immediately without any harassment. One bump it doesn't happen. Instead he lets the guy beat his safety and his delay by avoiding contact also means no sack of the QB. He left Cam Taylor-Britt on an island. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
You don't do your best thinking at high altitude. But western Nebraska is at 5,000 feet. Omaha is at 1,100 to 1,300 feet. Lincoln is a bit higher, but not much.

5,000 feet altitude didn't cause Dismuke to avoid a bump on the 100 yard pass play. Dismuke literally went out of his way to avoid bumping the slot crossing his face. Think about it, he knows his safety is man and he's letting the slot release immediately without any harassment. One bump it doesn't happen. Instead he lets the guy beat his safety and his delay by avoiding contact also means no sack of the QB. Unbelievable.

I know, unbelievable a 20 year old in his 2nd career start made a mistake in a game. Oh my dear God.

I know, unbelievable a 20 year old in his 2nd career start made a mistake in a game. Oh my dear God.

Don't make his old age an excuse. I've seen guys both younger and older make the correct adjustments over and over. It's about football smarts. If that's excusable then we might as well be ******* Kansas.

What is troubling, is apparently, and I don’t know this for certain, but the way the play happened it appeared to be the case, is that no one told the guys to be careful that they don’t try to get this in one shot. Do not let anyone get past you! The last thing we needed there was to have them get their longest play from scrimmage in school history.

What is troubling, is apparently, and I don’t know this for certain, but the way the play happened it appeared to be the case, is that no one told the guys to be careful that they don’t try to get this in one shot. Do not let anyone get past you! The last thing we needed there was to have them get their longest play from scrimmage in school history.

Oh it was a horrible mistake and someone screwed up. I just don't like "message board guy" reaming out a college kid because he had the #1 defense in Madden. Never have, never will.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back