• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers Open As A 10 Point Favorite over Northern Illinois Update: Now 14.5

Ok pal Ill take that bet. Now could you please tell me where the best deals on tractors are?;)

3a12oe.jpg

I will wait for OneHitWonder to give us his rundown of the NIU defense. If they have the speed to keep us from getting to the outside corner, we are screwed.

I asked SIRI...If the Huskers would win this week. She said they are fav by 14.5

Yeah. I know us Cal folks have you Stanford beat on that too

It warms my heart that Cal folk are still tripping, just like the good ol' days in the mid-'70's when I would cross the Dunbarton Bridge a couple times per quarter with a friend or two in my Saab on a Friday afternoon on our way to hang out with some buddies that were at Berkeley. Good times. Check that ... GREAT times. :Cheers:

Last edited:

Hope the team stays angry and really doesn’t want to have the feeling they had after the game in Boulder. Time to stop talking and start doing.

I will wait for OneHitWonder to give us his rundown of the NIU defense. If they have the speed to keep us from getting to the outside corner, we are screwed.
Here's a short preview... NIU's defense is the strength of the team and will have 2 weeks of preparing for Nebraska's offense when you consider Utah runs a similar offense but is more effective than Nebraska's. NIU lines up in a tradional 4-3 and has a lot of returning starters and a roster full of guys that were on the team in 2017.

NIU's D reminds me of Northwestern, not a lot of stars but they are smart and are deceptively fast because they're disciplined. NIU ran a lot of the same stunts and delayed blitzes that we saw from Colorado in the 2nd half. Utah won but it was primarily due to Utah's D which held NIU to 73 yards and zero points in the 2nd half.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back