• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Northern Illinois Week Press Conference (9/9/19)

I have all sorts of bad feelings about this game. They beat us two years ago, and played #13 Utah close enough to make me sweat.

I have all sorts of bad feelings about this game. They beat us two years ago, and played #13 Utah close enough to make me sweat.

35-17 is not a close game with Utah. They had only 301 yards of offense with 229 through the air and 72 on the ground.

Not to mention they only beat 1AA Illnois State 24-10. They had to score 14 points in the 4th quarter to win the game.

That's why I said close enough. UNI didn't just lay down against a pretty highly ranked team, that has me worried.

35-17 is not a close game with Utah. They had only 301 yards of offense with 229 through the air and 72 on the ground.

Not to mention they only beat 1AA Illnois State 24-10. They had to score 14 points in the 4th quarter to win the game.
games closer than that throughout most of the game

14-14 at half. Utah out scored them 21-3 in the second half.
A second half at altitude, we’ve felt that too.

I haven’t had the stomach to watch our replay, but when I do, I’ll try to focus on how our receiver routes were being run. A buddy at the game mentioned they didn’t look like they were running crisp, decisive routes, there seemed to be a lot of floating out into the pattern. Fatigue can cause that.

I haven’t had the stomach to watch our replay, but when I do, I’ll try to focus on how our receiver routes were being run. A buddy at the game mentioned they didn’t look like they were running crisp, decisive routes, there seemed to be a lot of floating out into the pattern. Fatigue can cause that.

I can see how fatigue could effect crisp run routes, but I thought the receiver position was pretty deep. If so, wouldn’t subbing have mitigated the fatigue factor?

Watching the second half again I tend to agree with what you are saying

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back