• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Oh MO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskerhunter

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
This quote from Mo Barry in today's LJS article by Parker Gabriel (Husker Extra Rewind: Missed tackles, missed assignments fueled late collapse at CU) has me shaking my head:

I felt the first half, I thought it was over with,” senior linebacker Mohamed Barry said. “I thought we were about to just give it to them and it was about to be a blowout. That’s what it should have been. We had them. We was better than that team. In the second half, we didn’t finish.”

I mean I know he's a kid, but he's a SENIOR and CAPTAIN. Such a deadly mentality. How could he not remember some of the meltdowns he's been a part of...just stunning.

Last edited:
Coaching and Preparation is KEY!
:Facepalm:
As a player, you have to take some responsibility. I mean seriously, ‘they had it in the bag’? They thought it was a blowout in the making? How the heck would they know? When was the last time they had anything you’d call a good ol’ fashion blowout?

They might be buying in to the new culture, but they aren’t living it yet. When your 3rd stringers are on the field, that’s when you think ‘we got this’.

All begins with Coaching, coaching and then more coaching imo! Up to our coaching staff to completely totally wipeout that type of attitude and thinking imo. Frankly the play calling looked as shakey as the team the entire 2nd half as it all unraveled. We GAVE CU hope and it all started with 3 straight running plays in the RZ in the 1st half imo. Showed zero confidence we could put it up that close to the endzone and meekly settled for that FG. I will always believe we go up 21 points and CU would have folded as opposed to the small moral victory they got forcing a FG......... :mad:

17-0 is never a blowout...………. With the way the Huskers were playing - it should have developed into a blowout and low and behold, it didn't. This mindset helps explain a lot, but not all by a longshot.
Once again - teachable moments.
Ones, that should already have been established given there is no one on this team that has been accustomed to being able to "relax" in a game during their time here. :Banghead:

Last edited:
I don’t mind that quote.
He thought they were dominating and it was gonna be a blowout the way they were killing them.
I appreciate his honesty. And he is absolutely right in that we were dominating and it should have been a blow-out imo, based on the 1st half. Just curious as to if you heard this again from anyone this year, would you mind it then?
I struggle with it a little as I don't think there is anyone on this team who should allow that mentality to sink in given the history of their experiences here.

I don’t mind that quote. He thought they were dominating and it was gonna be a blowout the way they were killing them.
Start winning every game by 20 or 30 points and MAYBE it's ok! There aren't really any SAFE 17 point leads in college football today imo. I heard Belichick say any player on the Pats that mentions blowouts had better look for a different team to play on! It can change in a heartbeat as the Jets found out yesterday with their 16 point lead in the 4th quarter. This team is extremely far away from dominating anyone imo.......

As Kenny once sang... "there'll be time enough for counting when the dealings done"!

Last edited:
All begins with Coaching, coaching and then more coaching imo! Up to our coaching staff to completely totally wipeout that type of attitude and thinking imo. Frankly the play calling looked as shakey as the team the entire 2nd half as it all unraveled. We GAVE CU hope and it all started with 3 straight running plays in the RZ in the 1st half imo. Showed zero confidence we could put it up that close to the endzone and meekly settled for that FG. I will always believe we go up 21 points and CU would have folded as opposed to the small moral victory they got forcing a FG......... :mad:
So 17 gave them hope, but 21 would have broken them? I’m not seeing that as the issue.

I don’t mind that quote. He thought they were dominating and it was gonna be a blowout the way they were killing them.

Unfortunately that was exactly my fear when they went in at halftime. I've seen it too often. Hopefully they learn something from it. I'd hope the next time they go into half with a big lead, one of the captains tells the team "Remember what happened at Colorado. We're never letting that happen again!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back