• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The sky isn’t falling

What in God's name are you talking about? They did not give up and how do you know they are not motivated? A lot of people emote and spew garbage after a tough loss. I just didn't expect that from you
Oh I'm sorry, I forgot opinions are not welcome here. I have mine you have yours. From what I stand behind mine.

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot opinions are not welcome here. I have mine you have yours. From what I stand behind mine.
Of course opinions are welcome! But that opinion was a head shaker to me. So I voiced my opinion. :thumbsup:

After yesterday’s loss, Frost and Co. are a combined 5-9 @ Nebraska.

6 of Nebraska’s losses in that time have been by 5 points or less, and the avg. margin (including the Michigan butt kicking, is right around 11).

I saw a better team on the field yesterday than I saw last week. And I see a better product on the field this year than I saw last year.

The sky isn’t falling. Frost is still the guy. Adrian is still the QB. If we put a better product on the field next week than what we did this week, and continue to do so, we’ll be just fine.

Appreciate the optimism.

The defense is clearly much better than last year. Same can be said for special teams with the caveat assuming Pickering is part of the mix.

This is where it stops. In no manner shape or form is our offense even 1% better, it’s much worse. Not the line, qb, backs, receivers, play calling, situation management. Nothing

And frankly this is frightening because unless we get our oline to start getting push and picking up open men then this season is going to be another write off.

We need to make personnel changes on the line. Find five guys who want and can do their job.

After yesterday’s loss, Frost and Co. are a combined 5-9 @ Nebraska.

6 of Nebraska’s losses in that time have been by 5 points or less, and the avg. margin (including the Michigan butt kicking, is right around 11).

I once saw a coach that was a combined 7-7 after his first 14 games.

6 of Nebraska's losses were by single digits. The other loss was by 10. The average margin of defeat was 4 points.

In season two, he won 9 games.

:)

It hurts to lose to the vermin... we all feel it... HOWEVER none of the realistic season goals are even remotely damaged. Nobody likes the media and fans of other teams piling on telling us how overrated we were but the fact is.... Colorado needed a perfect storm in order to beat us combined with our terrible play calling in key moments.

We can still win the Big Ten West and still go to a big bowl. Nothing has changed and its up to the coaches to keep the train on the rails and continue getting better. AM will be fine as will HCSF... have some faith.

Appreciate the optimism.

The defense is clearly much better than last year. Same can be said for special teams with the caveat assuming Pickering is part of the mix.

This is where it stops. In no manner shape or form is our offense even 1% better, it’s much worse. Not the line, qb, backs, receivers, play calling, situation management. Nothing

And frankly this is frightening because unless we get our oline to start getting push and picking up open men then this season is going to be another write off.

We need to make personnel changes on the line. Find five guys who want and can do their job.
Glad there’s another Texan rocking the Nebraska red....

When I say our team is better, I’m not comparing game 12 Husker offense of last year to game 2 Husker offense of this year. We haven’t had time to gel yet and find our groove.

I fully believe that we’re better off after 2 games this year than we were after 2 games last year, from a talent, performance, conditioning standpoint. Now, I may change my tune if we don’t continue to improve, find some gel on the offensive line, and/or find a legitimate replacement for Ozigbo.

But I’m truly much more optimistic with the improvement of our team than where I thought we would be after only 1 season.

GBR

Glad there’s another Texan rocking the Nebraska red....

When I say our team is better, I’m not comparing game 12 Husker offense of last year to game 2 Husker offense of this year. We haven’t had time to gel yet and find our groove.

I fully believe that we’re better off after 2 games this year than we were after 2 games last year, from a talent, performance, conditioning standpoint. Now, I may change my tune if we don’t continue to improve, find some gel on the offensive line, and/or find a legitimate replacement for Ozigbo.

But I’m truly much more optimistic with the improvement of our team than where I thought we would be after only 1 season.

GBR
I understand your rationale and based on that we are probably better

But I would expect to build off of how the season ended and by that measure I’m very disappointed with the offense and frankly coach frost for trying to play it safe offensively

That’s not how he’s coached previously which gives me pause since he may believe our challenges run deep with oline and Adrian

Fans that buy the tickets for the game should just go and not really expect much? Told all off season how much the team has improved and how the pieces are coming together.

Yes it was a very disappointing loss yet it’s just one. Within that loss though we saw a team that gave up. A team not motivated to win. Poor tackling poor execution at many levels. Game on the line in OT and you come out and run the plays they did showed fear and no confidence.

if the coaches don’t have confidence then it’s true.. why should the fans

You have evidence of the bolded?? I mean, other than your interpretation of what you saw? I agree, you shouldn't have confidence as you obviously are making that conscious decision. I'm sure you'll let everyone know when you choose to change your decision.

I once saw a coach that was a combined 7-7 after his first 14 games.

6 of Nebraska's losses were by single digits. The other loss was by 10. The average margin of defeat was 4 points.

In season two, he won 9 games.

:)

How was season 3? Was he competent and qualified to coach at NU?

How was season 3? Was he competent and qualified to coach at NU?

He lost to Northern Illinois then the majority of fans wanted him gone. Probably 50% of them didn't want him there from the start. AD was fired, which is almost always the death sentence on day one. The guy who replaced him could literally lose twice as many games for twice as long and many more would defend him than the prior coach.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back