• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4th straight overtime loss without even scoring

Beareye

Travel Squad
5 Year Member
Two on Frost's watch now, and two from the Riley era. Unbelievable to lose four consecutive OTs, and even more so to go scoreless in all of them.

Defense did their job in OT today, forcing a midrange FG. Play calling and execution by the offense was horrible. Offense just needed 25 yards but couldn't get it.

The simple/easy answer is to be better prepared for the circumstance and call better plays. The ball was taken out of AMs hands for the first two plays, and the third play was a stay-in-the-pocket pass.

I'm also thinking part of it is a head game, which might be harder to fix.

It's mostly a personal and lack of depth, issue, holes to fill etc

Coaching could and should be better but a lot of it is dictated because of the above

It ain't going to be easy but we will get thete

The simple/easy answer is to be better prepared for the circumstance and call better plays. The ball was taken out of AMs hands for the first two plays, and the third play was a stay-in-the-pocket pass.

I'm also thinking part of it is a head game, which might be harder to fix.
I agree with this completely. The play-calling was so bad in this game. Frost post-game presser didn't make me feel better that he understands what went wrong. An area where he really has to improve. I think Frosty gets obsessed with the big play to a fault.

Last edited:
Wow, now that is a head scratching fact for sure. Four straight HUSKER overtime games, 4 losses and no points in any of them, that boggles the mind. The loss today was bad enough but that reality check stings as well.

I agree with this completely. The play-calling was so bad in this game. Frost post-game presser didn't make me feel better that he understands what went wrong. An area where he really has to improve. I think Frosty gets obsessed with the big play to a fault.
The first two calls in OT, weren't big play calls. He said he was thinking 4 yards. I've not seen inside zone go that far this year...

From my vantage point, OT approach seemed very conservative, then 3rd down flat out poorly executed. W was there for the taking, needed to more aggressively pursue the TD/endzone & the win IMO.

regardless - awesome game, day & experience - fun times ahead.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back