• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers may be adding another D-1 transfer

If he sits two years one at CSU and one at NU would it not be a 3 to play 3? As he has used years 4 and 5 sitting out

You're both kind of right. He does have 4 years to play 3 seasons, but he'll have to sit 2019 (leaving a scholarship situation to walk-on) because of the transfer. He's not a typical 4 to play 3 since he can't use his redshirt whenever he wants.

At least in my opinion, calling him a 3 to play 3 implies that he's eligible next season and has three seasons to play.

He will have 3 years to play his So, Jr. and Sr. seasons. OR, he will have 4 years to complete his sit out, So. Jr. and Sr. seasons....its all semantics.

You're both kind of right. He does have 4 years to play 3 seasons, but he'll have to sit 2019 (leaving a scholarship situation to walk-on) because of the transfer. He's not a typical 4 to play 3 since he can't use his redshirt whenever he wants.

At least in my opinion, calling him a 3 to play 3 implies that he's eligible next season and has three seasons to play.

I think we are saying the same thing

My 3 to play 3 was based on him sitting in 2019. Sorry for the confusion

Last edited:

If he sits two years one at CSU and one at NU would it not be a 3 to play 3? As he has used years 4 and 5 sitting out
He’s got four years currently to finish his four years of eligibility. If he transfers he loses a year of eligibility so it knocks that down to 3. So he has 4 years to finish his 3 years of eligibility as a 2019 transfer. It’s 3-3 if you don’t count his 2019 season but he will be on the roster somewhere.

Last edited:
Really glad you guys are working out your terminology here.

Pretty much anytime there is a bigger number and a smaller number the initial year is a year of sitting, and doesn't matter if the player played or RS at their previous institution and then there are the inevitable exceptions with NCAA immediate eligibility and graduation. Historically, I'd say these numbers are used with JUCOs and they just let know about that players prior career a little easier as they have immediate eligibility.

1-1. Grad transfer.
2-1. Rare example, but likely a grad transfer who graduated in 3 years.
2-2. Was somewhere first, got kicked out, went JUCO, (or took him 3 years to finish JUCO?).
3-2. Most typical JUCO, can Redshirt whenever
3-3. Dude went JUCO 2 years only played one.
4-3. Transfer has to sit then can play.
4-4. Probably exists unsure where to find.
5-4. Basically all incoming freshman

Then factor in SEC and their dirty ways and more options exist.

He’s got four years currently to finish his four years of eligibility. If he transfers he loses a year of eligibility so it knocks that down to 3. So he has 4 years to finish his 3 years of eligibility as a 2019 transfer. It’s 3-3 if you don’t count his 2019 season but he will be on the roster somewhere.

We are dating the same thing. I just skipped to actual 3 to play 3 after he sits this year

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back