• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Predicting 8 or less wins

I don't see why so many people are penciling a loss to the Gophers. The Huskers blasted them last year. Are people expecting a huge step back on offense or defense? Maybe expecting a huge leap forward for Minnesota?

EDIT: Add to the fact that was the first win for an 0-6 team. They were just learning how to win. I wouldn't be surprised by another big win this season.
You don't have to agree with it, but haven't you been part of those discussions already? It's one thing to say that you don't agree, which is fine, but it's another to act like there's no argument against your opinion. The Minnesota team that we played did not resemble the Minnesota team at the end of the year that beat the daylights out of Purdue, Wisconsin, and Georgia Tech, and that could have beat Northwestern. Add in that they were often playing as many as 8 freshmen on offense, and that they have almost everybody back on all sides of the ball--including 2 excellent RBs who didn't play against us because they were injured--and it's not exactly a stretch to say that Minnesota, at home, is likely to be a challenge to us.

The schedule this year is going to be a huge factor in the final W-L record. I see 8-9 wins easily on paper as long as AM stays on the field, but there's a reason they don't play the games on paper. I will predict that if Nebraska ends up with 8-9-10 wins (including a bowl win?) they will be picked very high next season in the "preseason" rankings, likely top 5-10, mainly because of AM and his growth/success this season. 2020 games at OSU and at Wisc won't be easy nor will Penn State in Lincoln. This season seems (at least on paper) slightly less daunting.

And yet you have us favored in 9 games with two games a toss up. If we split the toss up games that is 10. It appears to me you are saying we are going to lose a bunch of games we are favored in and thus underachieving.

Underachieving is your word. I think 8-4 is a solid improvement from where we've been and will hopefully get better with each year of recruiting and development. What I am saying is that we will be in lots of tight games and we probably won't win every one of them.

You don't have to agree with it, but haven't you been part of those discussions already? It's one thing to say that you don't agree, which is fine, but it's another to act like there's no argument against your opinion. The Minnesota team that we played did not resemble the Minnesota team at the end of the year that beat the daylights out of Purdue, Wisconsin, and Georgia Tech, and that could have beat Northwestern. Add in that they were often playing as many as 8 freshmen on offense, and that they have almost everybody back on all sides of the ball--including 2 excellent RBs who didn't play against us because they were injured--and it's not exactly a stretch to say that Minnesota, at home, is likely to be a challenge to us.

This is my first post in this thread, but thanks for policing.

EDIT: And not only did I act like there was no argument against mine, I specifically asked why some may have that opinion as I don't see it as likely.

Last edited:
T

Of course, that's all math, and it doesn't directly predict the real world.
I agree and this scenario that was put out was all about the math and odds. It just doesn't seem right that according to those odds we have a predicted loss at tOSU and 2 toss up games of .500 and 3 favored games of .6. On average that is 5 games that we are favored at 5.6. By the math...….we should probably win 3 or 4 and not 2. But then again...….its just math. :Rolf:

I didn't see where he is acting like there is no argument. He simply stated he didn't see why and gave some reasoning why. I agree with him. Not sure I'm seeing it either. I don't feel like other discussions where we have all stated our opinion should mean we can't continue with it.

If we win less than 8 games, this year will be another failure as far as I can see it. If we only win 6 games(barring season ending injuries to key players such as AM) then something is really, really wrong imho. 8 - 4 seems to me to be the minimum or worst record we will have this year.
Sure hope you’re right.GBR.

So they predict Iowa is our second most difficult game and only 6% points below OSU? I don't know what they're smoking but I wouldn't touch that stuff if my life depended on it. Iowa loses 2 1st round draft picks and some key players on defense from a team we nearly beat at their place. I could maybe see a 50-50 pick, but 32% seems ridiculous when we are playing them at home. I guess we'll see. I'm ready for my Iowa fan neighbors to STFU.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back