• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

For you out of state Husker fans and alums

I’ve grown weary of all the jabs, sarcasm, and living in the 90’s rhetoric over the years.
Very ready to be relevant again.
And then dominant...
I do feel most folks that bring anything up now realize that Frost is the real deal and that it’s only a matter of time before we are playing big boy football again.
GBR

I’ve grown weary of all the jabs, sarcasm, and living in the 90’s rhetoric over the years.
Very ready to be relevant again.
And then dominant...
I do feel most folks that bring anything up now realize that Frost is the real deal and that it’s only a matter of time before we are playing big boy football again.
GBR

For the most part, yes. You still have your David Pollacks.

I rarely get positive or historical comments about Nebraska's dominance.

In the eyes of most Duck fans, college football started in about 2000. The only thing they know about Nebraska is that apparently Crouch stole Joey Harrington's Heisman and that we split a 1-1 series with them a few years ago.

There are a few old timers who were going to Autzen in the rain back when the Ducks were a 4-win team. They remember Nebraska being dominant, but the fans my age (30s) and younger just think we're another Vanderbilt or Kansas.

I'm Deep Deep Deep in enemy territory Just South of West Des Moines. There are a few bars in Wdsm that Husker fans gather in on game days, but mostly everyone else is spewing vitriol and absolute hate towards us. I simply cannot wait until we shut them up on a regular basis.

I rarely get positive or historical comments about Nebraska's dominance.

In the eyes of most Duck fans, college football started in about 2000. The only thing they know about Nebraska is that apparently Crouch stole Joey Harrington's Heisman and that we split a 1-1 series with them a few years ago.

There are a few old timers who were going to Autzen in the rain back when the Ducks were a 4-win team. They remember Nebraska being dominant, but the fans my age (30s) and younger just think we're another Vanderbilt or Kansas.

West coast and the northwest in general lives in its own little world.

They forget that Oregon being good is a relatively recent thing.

Washington was always the team in the northwest. Oregon forgets that the big game of the year in 1986 was the civil war with Oregon at 3-7 playing Oregon St at 4-6.

I live in Wisconsin and mostly I get the question, “Is Nebraska going to be any good this year?” Two years ago I just answered “No.” Last year my answer was, “Better than last year.” This year my answer is, “Things are looking up. I’m optimistic.”

Last season when my daughter was at the Nebraska vs. Wisconsin game and wearing Husker gear some Badger fan asked her, “What was Nebraska doing when we were winning Rose Bowls?” She deadpanned, “Winning national championships.” End of conversation.

26 years in deep south Georgia (about 15 miles from GA/FL line). Wear a NE hat almost all the time. Native Georgians pretty much go out of their way to comment on the huskers with how much they respect/admire the way they play. They like to compare their Dawgs to the huskers. 99% of the time they will refer to that team in the next state to the west that wears crimson and just go off on how much they hate them with their dirty play and constant cheating with the NCAA rules.

I live in Wisconsin and mostly I get the question, “Is Nebraska going to be any good this year?” Two years ago I just answered “No.” Last year my answer was, “Better than last year.” This year my answer is, “Things are looking up. I’m optimistic.”

Last season when my daughter was at the Nebraska vs. Wisconsin game and wearing Husker gear some Badger fan asked her, “What was Nebraska doing when we were winning Rose Bowls?” She deadpanned, “Winning national championships.” End of conversation.

This is funny and very true. It is a old B1G mentality. Going to the Rose Bowl was the ultimate experience. The only thing that mattered was winning the B1G and getting that RB birth. So it doesn't surprise me that their are Wisconsin fans that aren't aware of that

How many times over the last 10-15+ years have you been asked "When is Husker football going to be back?" Or the other question: "What's wrong with Husker football?"
I live in NC and I get those questions from time to time when someone sees me in Husker attire or finds out where I went to school. I'm ready for the day when Frost and the team can show we are back.
Here's to looking forward to a good season ahead! GBR
I live in central Florida so it’s a unique dynamic just having frost here. Fortunately there’s solid respect for Nebraska here. Miami and FSU haven’t had great seasons much either and the last time we played Florida, well....

Plenty of husker fans in Pocatello.
I usually get a smile and sometimes a Go big red.
All are enthusiastic about Scott Frost!

How many times over the last 10-15+ years have you been asked "When is Husker football going to be back?" Or the other question: "What's wrong with Husker football?"
I live in NC and I get those questions from time to time when someone sees me in Husker attire or finds out where I went to school. I'm ready for the day when Frost and the team can show we are back.
Here's to looking forward to a good season ahead! GBR

I hear this a lot too in Raleigh area. Lot's of folks bring it up.

I dont hear much in my part of NC (charlotte/hickory area) because most either pull for app/ncstate/unc/49ers. I see a few huskers from time to time on my commute and at work. Its like instant brotherhood. I work with a half retired die hard Michigan fan and when we found out about each others loyalties, we had mutual respect. In his words, "Nebraska red is the only red I'll support in the Big10 when we aren't playing one another". I still cant get him to cave on the true '97 champions though. Although the closest I got to it was, "Well if we had played each other, it would have been a good game, I hope." Smirking, and knowing full well his team would have had more than their hands full.

We recently moved to lower Alabama, in fact just a few miles from the Florida line and of course the majority of college football talk revolves around the Crimson Tide winning another national championship, lol. I do wear HUSKER shirts quite a bit as well as having a HUSKERS plate on the front of my truck so there have been occasions in the short time we've been here that I've been asked how long will it be before the HUSKERS get back to prominence. I would say 50% are still respectful of the HUSKERS and 50% think we won't make it back anytime soon. Over the past 10-15 years living in Georgia, Florida and Alabama, most of the conversation when it comes to the HUSKERS has still been fairly positive from fans of those states. A lot of the younger crowd throw jabs left and right about the demise of the HUSKERS though a 9 or 10 win season would certainly curtail a lot of that negativity.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back