• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This team has turned the corner

Until the 2000s came, we had a very real chance to being able to win every single time we stepped on the field. Especially in the last 15 years or so, there has been several games we were beat before we even stepped on the field. Coach Frost I believe will get us back to expecting to win every time this team steps on the field. No we wont win every time but opponents will know they have been in a game!

When Coach Frost says he has had to talk to the team two days in a row about throttling it back in practice, combined with his comments about being a joy to coach this team and everyone being happy to be there, the signs are all there that this team has gelled fully around this staff and scheme and they are all working in unison toward the same goal. They have learned how to strength train, they have learned how to properly fuel their bodies, they have embraced the culture, they have now learned how they need to practice consistently to be winners. If the team stays healthy, especially A.M, I would not be surprised to see them with zero to max of 2 losses for the regular season, which is amazing considering our past 2 seasons. The future is bright and I think the Big 10 is going to be put on notice that there is a new Sheriff in town, and he's a bit Frosty...
Jesus man you drank all the kool aid. ALL. OF. IT.

As Bill Parcells always said, "You are what your record says you are."

And I'm a firm believer in that. There are REASONS they lost those games folks think they should have won. NU was a 4-8 team last year. Period.

"Appears" is a scary word. Before last season started, our team was lifting a billion pounds and were so much bigger, stronger and faster....and the kids were buying in, and they were so improved...etc. Then we lost the first six games of the season.

As I stated, get through the first 4 games. We will have a better feel for how improved they are.

Well said. But that was last years record. Different year, different schedule, different team.

:Hooray:I love the excitement, but this fan base has completely overdosed on the Kool Aid.

A few short months ago, we were a 4-8 team...a team that lost key contributors that were replaced with a bunch of question marks. Let's get through this non-con schedule and see which warts are exposed before talking undefeated seasons.

True! I said this the day Frost was hired. Lots of folks on this board were predicting10-2 last year and undefeated this year. How wrong they were. Frost came into a mess. He inherited a very weak, non talented team, non focused, non committed, non dedicated players who had no concept of what it takes to be great. It will take a monumental effort over many years to repair the program. I believe it can be done. The focus for the program should be to win the first game. Then, win number two and so on. High expections, high hopes are good. However, Reality will play out,

Last edited:

I think what's most improved are the things we would expect to start taking shape. Good practice reports. Improved reports of strength and conditioning. Player quotes on better understanding of schemes, systems, the game slowing down...stuff like that. Combine that with a year of development for AM, same D coordinator and the addition of two upperclass D-lineman and there is reason for optimism. Now Frost has to show he's a game day coach. He didn't check all the boxes last year. If we've really turned the corner we will see a different tempo on offense, better situational substitutions and increased mismatches based on formations, play calling and pre-snap adjustments. Starting game #1. Not halfway through the year.

I believe HCSF is a generational coach in much the same vane as was BD and TO. If that's true then Nebraska can and will climb back into a Top 10 team most seasons. SF didn't return to Lincoln unless he truly believed he can completely turn around the program. His goal is not simply to compete for an occasional divisional title but championships. It well might take 10 year or more to win another NC but it took TO 20 years!! Coach Frost has brought something back that's been sadly missing for about 20 years and that's a belief Nebraska can consistently be as good as any program in college football. Lets remember there were plenty of doubters and detractors even when TO was averaging 10 wins a season and consistently finishing in the Top 10.

Nebraska football is going to be a lot of fun in the comming years imo. Of course we won't them all but we're building a program that actually CAN win them all in a given season! I'm going to enjoy the heck out of this season no matter how it plays out because I know with certainty we're on the way back to great football.
I like your thinking! “Building” is the operative word! Hopefully the majority of our fans buy into this. It’s understandable that we are hungry and impatient for championships, but hopefully our fans will be patient enough allow the building process to play out. As you point out, even a great coach like TO needed time to reach his pinnacle of success.

It’s understandable that we are hungry and impatient for championships, but hopefully our fans will be patient enough allow the building process to play out.

Agree 100%. No matter how hungry and impatient we are, the program has to go through the process, and there are no shortcuts. Our impatience does NOTHING to hasten the team's development.

But a guy can dream, can't he? :Lol: :Corn2:

Agree 100%. No matter how hungry and impatient we are, the program has to go through the process, and there are no shortcuts. Our impatience does NOTHING to hasten the team's development.

And it's a major reason why Moos awarded HCSF with a 7 year contract! Protects all involved and insulates Frost to a great degree from a impatient fan base should it become necessary.

The changes HCSF has already made are epic IMO. Most reasonable and knowledgable fans understand the program simply can't be completely overhauled and rebuilt in a couple of years. Going to take at least 3 to 4 years for Frost to get his type of players recuited and then the experience needed to play at a high levels. I'm 100% confident that's happening right now and will continue............

Oh yeah! I’m a dreamer too but I’m not going to let my dreams become screaming nightmares when I wake up to some very disappointing stumbles that will occur in the reality of the process.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back