• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This team has turned the corner

I disagree that we don't really know anything. There are some key things that we do know.
1. He has a history of being able to develop talent. It is a short history but a very successful one at that.
2. He has publicly recognized the status of our past development so we KNOW what he is trying to do.
3. All reports from anyone close to the S&C situation have acknowledged the development that has taken place.
4. The overall confidence projected by the players is their comfort level has greatly increased.

Now I agree at this point much of some of this is subjective not withstanding 1 and 2. Those are proven. What we don't know is what the results of this development and the timetable for it will be in the short term.
5. 4 or 5 guys now look like the hulk. So lets hope they can smash the line.

Last edited:

I saw them turn a corner last season. A very bad 0-6 team finished the season going 4-2 against the meat of the B1G schedule, with close losses at OSU and Iowa.

When Coach Frost says he has had to talk to the team two days in a row about throttling it back in practice, combined with his comments about being a joy to coach this team and everyone being happy to be there, the signs are all there that this team has gelled fully around this staff and scheme and they are all working in unison toward the same goal. They have learned how to strength train, they have learned how to properly fuel their bodies, they have embraced the culture, they have now learned how they need to practice consistently to be winners. If the team stays healthy, especially A.M, I would not be surprised to see them with zero to max of 2 losses for the regular season, which is amazing considering our past 2 seasons. The future is bright and I think the Big 10 is going to be put on notice that there is a new Sheriff in town, and he's a bit Frosty...
The future may be bright but the only corner we have turned is the one on the way to the Kool Aid stand.

There are a lot of reasons we were 4-8 last year and most of them are gone. We have had the talent over the last 4 years to be a .700 team but instead we were losers. That culture and development are gone. Some fans are looking past last 4 years and some are hanging on to it. Nobody is wrong......I'm just expressing where I'm at on it.
You say the culture and development issues are gone while at the same time we’ve had multiple issues with marijuana. I’m not going to preach to anybody about smoking weed but it would appear we may have some issues with kids buying in and still have some issues with culture-just a slighty different variety. I would say kids getting busted for using pot havent totally bought into Frost’s culture.

You say the culture and development issues are gone while at the same time we’ve had multiple issues with marijuana. I’m not going to preach to anybody about smoking weed but it would appear we may have some issues with kids buying in and still have some issues with culture-just a slighty different variety. I would say kids getting busted for using pot havent totally bought into Frost’s culture.

I actually think the weed issue is mostly irrelevant. It's quasi-legal or legal on most college campuses around the country and if Frost were to make a big deal about it, it would cause a lot more problems than it's worth.

I'm much more interested in the buy in on doing the things necessary to get ready to play in terms of size, strength, quickness, explosiveness and flexibility, and then doing the right things in practice to become a better player. Those definitely appear to be going in the right direction

Would you think there was a culture problem if a couple of freshman and sophomore's were charged with Minor in Possession of alcohol? Or would you just dismiss that as college kids being college kids.

Would you think there was a culture problem if a couple of freshman and sophomore's were charged with Minor in Possession of alcohol? Or would you just dismiss that as college kids being college kids.
I don’t necessarily think it’s a problem but I don’t think in the same breath you can say the culture has totally changed when we have kids on the team doing things that are detrimental to the team and appear to be a me first mentality. You can bet this is an issue with Frost as well and he has his own concerns. I guess with me the issue isn’t so much with the weed but with the poor decision making and the stupidity of how they are getting caught. This isn’t drug tests that are busting these guys. It’s smoking in cars and in the dorm rooms that’s busting them.

Last edited:

I don’t necessarily think it’s a problem but I don’t think in the same breath you can say the culture has totally changed when we have kids on the team doing things that are detrimental to the team and appear to be a me first mentality. You can bet this is an issue with Frost as well and he has his own concerns. I guess with me the issue isn’t so much with the weed but with the poor decision making and the stupidity of how they are getting caught. This isn’t drug tests that are busting these guys. It’s smoking in cars and in the dorm rooms that’s busting them.
The culture has totally changed. Those same poor decisions were made under the last regime and every other coaching staff in America. If you want to dismiss the culture change between hard work and smoothies in practice, earning playing time instead of earning time off in the weight room, a drive to be a winner instead of entitlement but rather concentrate on their weed citations than I think you and I will probably disagree on whether the culture has changed.

I actually think the weed issue is mostly irrelevant. It's quasi-legal or legal on most college campuses around the country and if Frost were to make a big deal about it, it would cause a lot more problems than it's worth.

I'm much more interested in the buy in on doing the things necessary to get ready to play in terms of size, strength, quickness, explosiveness and flexibility, and then doing the right things in practice to become a better player. Those definitely appear to be going in the right direction
Do you think it’s breaking a team rule? Do you think it’s concerning to Scott Frost the head coach? I do. It’s hard to keep preaching culture change if we have decisions being made by certain players that go against a team concept and is breaking team rules.

The culture has totally changed. Those same poor decisions were made under the last regime and every other coaching staff in America. If you want to dismiss the culture change between hard work and smoothies in practice, earning playing time instead of earning time off in the weight room, a drive to be a winner instead of entitlement but rather concentrate on their weed citations than I think you and I will probably disagree on whether the culture has changed.
I think the culture has probably changed but we hear this every year. What are you expecting the coaches to say? It’s natural to expect the best from your new head coach and blame poor results on attitude and work ethic of previous staffs. It helps us by giving us hope in the future and distracting us from what might be the real reality that our dominance is over and it may never come back. I don’t want to believe that but every coaching change in America comes with a preseason of talk about culture change. It’s going on here in Tennessee as well as we speak.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back