• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Softball Coach Rhonda on leave

Always interesting to hear when the players go to the administrators. I know the last couple of years have been tough so I wonder if it is just frustration on everyone's part, including Coach R. or did she yell at the girls and hurt some feelings?

She was, she’s not anymore. She’s a decade past her prime and it’s time for her to move on.
She has had a couple of rough years, what do you think of Lori Sipple, aside from being Canadian , she was a good pitcher back in the day, but I don't know much about her coaching. Didn't Nebraska have a player decommit that was a picture from Omaha I think?

So I worked for UNL Landscape services in the early 90’s. We built, maintained, and repaired all of the irrigation systems on campus, including the athletic department. If we had to work on the softball field, then behind Mabel Lee Hall, Revelle would always show up with sodas or other treats and thank us for helping. Nobody else ever did that. I’ve always thought you can judge someone’s character by how they treat the little guy, and I was the definition of nobody at that time. I have no idea what this is about or what she may have done, but I will always respect her.

There is another article in the World Herald this morning, it is just hard to get a handle on it. Interviewed Tatum Edwards who played for Rhonda and coaches at UNO and another former player who is a coach. Doesn't seem like anyone knows for sure but it doesn't appear to me that it is a recruiting thing, but maybe I am reading between the lines too much. If I had to guess I am thinking player treatment might be the culprit.

Last edited:

There is another article in the World Herald this morning, it is just hard to get a handle on it. Interviewed Tatum Edwards who played for Rhonda and coaches at UNO and another former player who is a coach. Doesn't seem like anyone knows for sure but it doesn't appear to me that it is a recruiting thing, but maybe I am reading between the lines too much. If I had to guess I am thinking player treatment might be the culprit.

Saw somewhere on FB, so it has to be true....
that it was something to do with practicing too long and what you alluded to as well.
I have no idea, and don’t know her personally, but everything I have ever seen, heard etc. lleads me to believe she’s a pretty standup lady. I hope it gets resolved soon.
GBR

Saw somewhere on FB, so it has to be true....
that it was something to do with practicing too long and what you alluded to as well.
I have no idea, and don’t know her personally, but everything I have ever seen, heard etc. lleads me to believe she’s a pretty standup lady. I hope it gets resolved soon.
GBR

Will be interesting to see how this plays out, isn't practicing too long an NCAA Violation? I thought you only had so many hours a week you could be with players. Maybe this is a way Moos can gently show her the door if he wants.

So I worked for UNL Landscape services in the early 90’s. We built, maintained, and repaired all of the irrigation systems on campus, including the athletic department. If we had to work on the softball field, then behind Mabel Lee Hall, Revelle would always show up with sodas or other treats and thank us for helping. Nobody else ever did that. I’ve always thought you can judge someone’s character by how they treat the little guy, and I was the definition of nobody at that time. I have no idea what this is about or what she may have done, but I will always respect her.
Good for you and her. Just on your experience alone, I give her the benefit of doubt until something is proven.

Now that she has been exonerated by Bill Moos, does anyone know what the beef was about in the first place?

Now that she has been exonerated by Bill Moos, does anyone know what the beef was about in the first place?
Not sure anyone will know for sure, just that apparently there were some concerns for the welfare of the players, whatever that means.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back