• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lok Wur (Papillion LaVista South) commits to Oregon

Looks like we had our hands tied on this one. No room and looks like he came available late in the process

He’s 6’8” or 6’9”, he’s fairly athletic, and it’s late in the recruiting process. Those type of guys tend to have programs fight over them at the last minute. Plus, recruiting sites love to generate excitement and get clicks/subscribers, which is why they all-of-the-sudden start throwing out Pascal Siakam comparisons, which are completely ludicrous.

I’ve been wrong before but I think he will get recruited over pretty quickly out there. I hope I’m wrong because I will always root for a Papillion kid.

Outside of Thomas Allen, I think Thor made the most sense to keep. He will provide some depth at multiple positions. I’m guessing he will probably transfer or go play in Europe after this year.

Last edited:

He’s 6’8” or 6’9”, he’s fairly athletic, and it’s late in the recruiting process. Those type of guys tend to have programs fight over them at the last minute. Plus, recruiting sites love to generate excitement and get clicks/subscribers, which is why they all-of-the-sudden start throwing out Pascal Siakam comparisons, which are completely ludicrous.

I’ve been wrong before but I think he will get recruited over pretty quickly out there. I hope I’m wrong because I will always root for a Papillion kid.

Outside of Thomas Allen, I think Thor made the most sense to keep. He will provide some depth at multiple positions. I’m guessing he will probably transfer or go play in Europe after this year.

Agree on your thoughts - timing ended up perfect for him to get lots of attention. He's a D1 player, but it depends on him as to what level he'll end up playing at in reality. As you say, he could get recruited over fast.

My thoughts on Wur were that he had a lot of potential, but that a whole lot of things need to go right in order for him to reach his potential. He thinks he's a guard, but in college ball he needs to build the strength and skills to be a stretch 4 most likely, which means he needs to be able to play D and switch onto a lot of different players, and needs to be able to hit the 3 and play post offense on mismatches.

Will he get there? We don't really know. I can see why teams wanted him, but can also see them moving on quickly if he doesn't get it.

Agree on your thoughts - timing ended up perfect for him to get lots of attention. He's a D1 player, but it depends on him as to what level he'll end up playing at in reality. As you say, he could get recruited over fast.

My thoughts on Wur were that he had a lot of potential, but that a whole lot of things need to go right in order for him to reach his potential. He thinks he's a guard, but in college ball he needs to build the strength and skills to be a stretch 4 most likely, which means he needs to be able to play D and switch onto a lot of different players, and needs to be able to hit the 3 and play post offense on mismatches.

Will he get there? We don't really know. I can see why teams wanted him, but can also see them moving on quickly if he doesn't get it.
You guys see something I’m missing, but that wouldn’t be the first time. I see a guy who wants to take the easy way out, which is why he thinks playing guard is his thing. It’s easier to just pull up and fire than it is to work in the lane. He doesn’t have the foot speed to create on the perimeter, so when he faces a good defender, he just tries to shoot over him. I didn’t see him play much, but I think he may have scored 3 points while I watched in the game against Prep.

Last edited:
You guys see something I’m missing, but that wouldn’t be the first time. I see a guy who wants to take the easy way out, which is why he thinks playing guard is his thing. It’s easier to just pull up and fire than it is to work in the lane. He doesn’t have the foot speed to create on the perimeter, so when he faces a good defender, he just tries to shoot over him. I didn’t see him play much, but I think he may have scored 3 points while I watched in the game against Prep.

That's why I said a lot of things have to go right and that he has to get it, or they could move on from him really fast. Not many people have his height, length, athleticism and ability to shoot though. if he dedicated to playing a stretch 4 role (something Altman would use him for), gained weight and strength, he could be good, but odd are he'll be transferring from there to a lower level team.. we'll see though.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back