• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

247 Podcast talking recruiting (6/25/19) Lot of updates

You might be right, only time will tell. The task in front of him is bigger then it was when he to over OSU and he’s 19 years older. However with dumping $300 million into football, KU is going to expect results. They got him at a bargain price. If he doesn’t deliver then I see them ponying up for someone who can.

He has nowhere near the support, facilities etc etc and will find it extremely difficult attracting top talent to Lawrence

They can pony up all they want no top coach will go there unless its last hurrah job like Miles

He has nowhere near the support, facilities etc etc and will find it extremely difficult attracting top talent to Lawrence

They can pony up all they want no top coach will go there unless its last hurrah job like Miles
Their facilities are newer then ours at this point. To me it’s ridiculous that facilities play that much of a role in it but they do. Gone are the days when athletes revered our old west stadium dungeon that produced so many All Americans. It’s about locker rooms, lounges etc, etc..

Their facilities are newer then ours at this point. To me it’s ridiculous that facilities play that much of a role in it but they do. Gone are the days when athletes revered our old west stadium dungeon that produced so many All Americans. It’s about locker rooms, lounges etc, etc..
Newer is not always better. We were way ahead for a long time. Newer may just mean that they pulled closer to even.

Newer is not always better. We were way ahead for a long time. Newer may just mean that they pulled closer to even.
They might be passing us. And that might be the genius of Bill Moos. Most of us seem to be happy with the facilities as they are now and Moos is starting the conversation that they’re not good enough

Never been that impressed with Miles as a coach. He always appeared to me to be someone who accomplished less with more. No way he will have the same talent at KU no matter what they build for facilities. A .500 record is a good year every year for Kansas.

Brom came in before they decided to update the facilities that Harbaugh went on tv and wines about. Brom does well year 1. Brom grabs a 5 star. The 5 star gets Big Ten Freshman of the Year. Purdue gives Brom a huge raise. Purdue announces that they are going to dump a bunch of money into the facilities. If Brom continues to over perform the next year or so then someone from the SEC is going to roll a wheelbarrow full of money in front of him

They might be passing us. And that might be the genius of Bill Moos. Most of us seem to be happy with the facilities as they are now and Moos is starting the conversation that they’re not good enough
I agree when the rest are catching up it is time to move ahead some more.

Brom came in before they decided to update the facilities that Harbaugh went on tv and wines about. Brom does well year 1. Brom grabs a 5 star. The 5 star gets Big Ten Freshman of the Year. Purdue gives Brom a huge raise. Purdue announces that they are going to dump a bunch of money into the facilities. If Brom continues to over perform the next year or so then someone from the SEC is going to roll a wheelbarrow full of money in front of him

He is not over performing he is a really good coach

Last edited:

Kansas is making a gamble in hiring Miles, but who were their better options? What other coach could Kansas have hired that would have us discussing him, right now? Why not take that gamble?

I'm not so quick to discount the possibility of these retired coaches (Miles and Mac Brown) coming back and making an impact in the short term while lining up their successor for the long time. Fwiw, Kansas wasn't as bad last year as they had been for the previous decade, so Miles even has something to work with. As head coach, he should be the trump card for recruiting and the face of the program, but little else. Hire excellent aggressive assistants and top-notch admin behind the scenes to keep everything organized (especially recruiting), and he can be successful, even at Kansas. They're not suddenly going to be competing for championships, but a winning record is a good goal for the next few years.

For those making light of Miles for not doing so well with all of that talent, don't forget that he was the guy who oversaw getting all of that talent. Again, if you're Kansas, why not take that chance?

I agree when the rest are catching up it is time to move ahead some more.
And the problem is that everyone has good facilities now. Everyone is on TV every week. The challenge in front of SF is to get these top guys you need to compete today, he needs to have a resume that puts players into the NFL.

And the problem is that everyone has good facilities now. Everyone is on TV every week. The challenge in front of SF is to get these top guys you need to compete today, he needs to have a resume that puts players into the NFL.
His resume put a DB with one hand in the NFL.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back