• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

247 Podcast talking recruiting (6/25/19) Lot of updates

I am only going to transcribe the recruiting information. The rest you can listen to at your lesiure.

Part One

---247 has NU class of 5 ranked 72nd but average star rating moves them up to 12th.

---Lynom committed before he left Lincon for FL and Conn Monday Evening.

---Huskers have set themselves up for what are going to be quite a few decisions over the next 2 to 3 weeks. Thus, NU will move up from #72 in a hurry. By the BIG preseason meetings in mid-July the Huskers they feel will be sitting at 8 commits if not more.

---Schaefer said he spoke to Reed yesterday morning and it was all NU. Apparently UW got in his ear before NU reached out to him and what ever they said convinced him to commit to them.

---With Alex Conn the Huskers now have two really good OL out of the state of KS. Alex he thinks could end up at OG eventually. Coach Austin has done a good job recruiting and is a very good teacher.
Where is this Lincon? ;) Thank you for doing this!!!!

Mike also thought we have a real good chance to land Ajou Ajou and it could happen fast

He is from Alberta though playing in FL

Mike also thought we have a real good chance to land Ajou Ajou and it could happen fast

He is from Alberta though playing in FL
Warning silly HT comment coming read on at your own peril... If he comes here can we nickname him "French Dip"?

Part Three

---Kids who visit love this staff because they are genuine and upfront. No selling or trying to Tennessee Two Step them like they get from other schools.

---Lots more and I highly recommend you listen to it

I think you meant ‘Texass two step.’ :Biggrin:

TH87

I am only going to transcribe the recruiting information. The rest you can listen to at your lesiure.

Part One

---247 has NU class of 5 ranked 72nd but average star rating moves them up to 12th.

---Lynom committed before he left Lincon for FL and Conn Monday Evening.

---Huskers have set themselves up for what are going to be quite a few decisions over the next 2 to 3 weeks. Thus, NU will move up from #72 in a hurry. By the BIG preseason meetings in mid-July the Huskers they feel will be sitting at 8 commits if not more.

---Schaefer said he spoke to Reed yesterday morning and it was all NU. Apparently UW got in his ear before NU reached out to him and what ever they said convinced him to commit to them.

---With Alex Conn the Huskers now have two really good OL out of the state of KS. Alex he thinks could end up at OG eventually. Coach Austin has done a good job recruiting and is a very good teacher.
Thanks for the Cliff Notes transcript version RR.
Very highly appreciated.

I actually think this is a good sign. It tells me despite the heavy family ties with Iowa State that he is not locked I to the family legacy. Fingers crossed I think we get him too.
If they grab Gunnerson that would help me get over missing on Jones. Nebraska has missed on too many good kids in the radius. Jones is in the 60 mile radius, Gunnerson is in the 140 miles radius. The backbone of this program has always been built on Nebraska and near Nebraska kids. When kids of this caliber show up this close to campus this program needs to be all over them. A kid from CB with 1 year at IWCC was impressive enough at the Pipelime camp that Les Miles snagged him this week. Nothing against SF or KF or MC but Miles has won more, won bigger games and has a better resume as a head coach. Let’s not let him slip in and steal our diamond in the rough kids who need development or our top talent

Last edited:
If they grab Gunnerson that would help me get over missing on Jones. Nebraska has missed on too many good kids in the radius. Jones is in the 60 mile radius, Gunnerson is in the 140 miles radius. The backbone of this program has always been built on Nebraska and near Nebraska kids. When kids of this caliber show up this close to campus this program needs to be all over them. A kid from CB with 1 year at IWCC was impressive enough at the Pipelime camp that Les Miles snagged him this week. Nothing against SF or KF or MC but Miles has won more, won bigger games and has a better resume as a head coach. Let’s not let him slip in and steal our diamond in the rough kids who need development or our top talent

You know I get the 500 mile radius but we also have to keep in mind a lot of these kids want to stay in state and play near home. I think we forget that when we get wrapped around the axle over the strategy.

As for KU Miles or no Miles they will always struggle in football to compete. Yeah they got a JUCO guy out of Council Bluffs on the other hand we took two top OTs with one who is arguably a 5 star in Corcoran from underneath Miles nose. So much for that better record and bigger games for these two.

These guys have a plan and are following it and based on average star ranking we are sitting at #12 in the country.

Folks need to chill a bit and have patience. If its November and we are well behind in numbers and talent level then yeah push the panic button..... Now not so much now

Oh and speaking of Conn great interview below

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back