• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4* DT Logan Jones from Iowa

He committed in February after his junior season.
So that would still be awful early to give up on your dream school. You still have over a year of school left. I would also agree that if he got that butt hurt over being "ignored" at a camp between his Sophomore and Junior year. Of course coaches will pay more attention to guys that are going into their senior year. It would be ridiculous for them not to.

I get that, and don’t disagree with any of it. Maybe I’m oversimplifying, but it’s only June, we have plenty of room, and the kid holds a presumably commit-able offer. If he likes his potential coaches at NU, he can still come.

If he’s as big a Husker fan as we’re led to believe, why would he not flip? The implication has been that he didn’t get the attention he wanted. I say who cares, fulfill your dream and laugh about it someday.
Well, he wouldn’t flip because he wasn’t given the time of day until he about committed to Iowa. Basically the same reason we were mad about Harrison Phillips, who grew up with Nebraska as his dream school and if Bo would have offered never would have went to Stanford’s camp.

Last edited:
I agree, but again, it's not like NU waited until his senior year to offer. He committed to Iowa as a sophomore. If NU was his dream then he gave up on it awfully quick.

Junior year. And if that’s true, Iowa evaluated a four star that lives closer to Lincoln sooner than we did. That’s the issue I see with it.

Now, if it’s a size or a fit deal, I’m cool with it. But as is, Nebraska waited to offer and it bit them. Again, just like with Harrison Phillips.

We ain't gonna get em all boys, even the ones in our backyard. Does that mean we should quit, no, does it mean the sky is falling, no. Should we quit and just say it is over? No.

We ain't gonna get em all boys, even the ones in our backyard. Does that mean we should quit, no, does it mean the sky is falling, no. Should we quit and just say it is over? No.

I get what you are saying, but again, we would have got this kid if we offered before he committed to Iowa. Could be unfortunate circumstance with Dawson leaving. Could be he isn't the right fit for what we want to do. No idea. Looks bad in my opinion tho, especially since we eventually offered, we were just late to the party.

Image result for late to the party gif

Last edited:
I get what you are saying, but again, we would have got this kid if we offered before he committed to Iowa. Could be unfortunate circumstance with Dawson leaving. Could be he isn't the right fit for what we want to do. No idea. Looks bad in my opinion tho, especially since we eventually offered, we were just late to the party.

Image result for late to the party gif
I would guess this won't be the last, I get missing on him and how, but short term memory might be the best in a case like this. More of a glass half full type of thing. This staff will learn how to work together and I think there will be fewer and fewer 'oops' as we go along. Plus I see Nebraska as 'trending' up so if the kid chooses elsewhere (or any kid for that matter) I guess good luck to them.

So that would still be awful early to give up on your dream school. You still have over a year of school left. I would also agree that if he got that butt hurt over being "ignored" at a camp between his Sophomore and Junior year. Of course coaches will pay more attention to guys that are going into their senior year. It would be ridiculous for them not to.
If you want a kid you can’t wait. Recruiting is different today then it was 20-30 years ago. We’re out there offering kids who just finished their freshman year of high school, we nearly have 50 offer out tho the 2022 class already. Iowa made the kid a priority and recruited him hard for year. They built a relationship with him and his family, all while Nebraska isn’t is offering. I don’t blame him one bit for committing when he did and for not waiting for Nebraska to come knocking. The kid’s film was there, his combine numbers were there and he was a short drive from campus. He just seemed to get missed while we were busy offering the other 300 plus kids in his class.

The talk points with Frost are remarkably different than when Pelini let this happen. This is an interesting thread.

I’ll take the optimism all day tho.
If this was in Pelini's first calendar year, would it have been different? I thought that Daishon Neal's father was pretty close to correct about Nebraska taking local kids for granted at times. That's part of the change that I think I am seeing. Time will tell.

If you want a kid you can’t wait. Recruiting is different today then it was 20-30 years ago. We’re out there offering kids who just finished their freshman year of high school, we nearly have 50 offer out tho the 2022 class already. Iowa made the kid a priority and recruited him hard for year. They built a relationship with him and his family, all while Nebraska isn’t is offering. I don’t blame him one bit for committing when he did and for not waiting for Nebraska to come knocking. The kid’s film was there, his combine numbers were there and he was a short drive from campus. He just seemed to get missed while we were busy offering the other 300 plus kids in his class.
And that happens from time to time with the best of staffs. If it becomes a regular thing then there may be some concern. If it happens once that is an anomaly. Time to let it go.

If this was in Pelini's first calendar year, would it have been different? I thought that Daishon Neal's father was pretty close to correct about Nebraska taking local kids for granted at times. That's part of the change that I think I am seeing. Time will tell.
I think the issue being relayed is, Iowa didn't offer Logan Jones until Frost was here. And Frost was at that high school working Duggan. The kid held off on committing to Iowa for over a year, and finally committed when he didn't get any play from Nebraska. Then once he committed to Iowa, Nebraska offered.

Just an odd recruitment. And for all the people worried about our 2020 class and lack of quantity, it would have one more in it if we would have offered earlier to Jones. But again, it could be a size or ceiling issue.

Last edited:
I think the issue being relayed is, Iowa didn't offer Logan Jones until Frost was here. And Frost was at that high school working Duggan. The kid held off on committing to Iowa for over a year, and finally committed when he didn't get any play from Nebraska. Then once he committed to Iowa, Nebraska offered.

Just an odd recruitment. And for all the people worried about our 2020 class and lack of quantity, it would have one more in it if we would have offered earlier to Jones. But again, it could be a size or ceiling issue.
Very odd. If it is a fit thing then so be it. I hate seeing the best athletes in the metro go elsewhere. Missing out on Duggan wasn’t nearly as big a deal IMO. He was more suited to Riley’s offense. Also didn’t stand much of chance with him after his official to TCU. They brought in Andy Dalton to help seal that deal.

In the end, this was a big miss. It's ok to say Frost dropped the ball on this one. Only thing we can do now is try to make up for lost time. If it ain't in the cards, we move on to the next target.

Last edited:
In the end, this was a big miss. It's ok to say Frost dropped the ball on this one. Only thing we can do now is try to make up for lost time. If it ain't in the cards, we move on to the next target.
I agree with all of this. Looks from outside in like we may have dropped the ball. Calling it out fine. Acting as if the world is ending...that is a different thing.

I agree with all of this. Looks from outside in like we may have dropped the ball. Calling it out fine. Acting as if the world is ending...that is a different thing

Offseason and too little going on sports wise. I found myself watching the world cup the other day. I need some live football to focus on. Had my daughter drive us to campus today from CB so she could practice interstate driving and then we took a self guided campus tour

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back