• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who Commits Next?

Learned something this weekend with the Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame induction, Peyton had a bit of a family connection to Tennessee that I was previously unaware of -- paternal grandmother was from Humboldt, Tennessee.

Intresting thanks

I like the cut of your jib. Seriously though I really hope we land Gunnerson, Chin’s defense needs an edge threat and this kid would be a perfect fit.
I like the cut of your jib. Seriously though I really hope we land Gunnerson, Chin’s defense needs an edge threat and this kid would be a perfect fit.

I would still like to think we could flip Jones..... But Gunnerson would be a great addition as well.

On the other hand Peyton Manning went his own way and went to TN instead of MS. All the rest of the family went to MS.
That was a little different though because Ole Miss was about to go on probation, and everyone knew it. Without that and/or without David Cutcliffe as the OC at Tennessee, Peyton likely would have gone to Ole Miss, too.

That was a little different though because Ole Miss was about to go on probation, and everyone knew it. Without that and/or without David Cutcliffe as the OC at Tennessee, Peyton likely would have gone to Ole Miss, too.

You might want to read these stories. Mississpi was never really a player which was my point

Last edited:
Honestly nothing football wise unless you have a family connection and grew up in the shadows of the campus. Carroll Iowa is a huge Cyclone town. His family, friends and most of the people who grew up with went or go there. It’s safe and familiar. Also, if he’s as talented as we think, he can be a 1st or 2nd rounder out of ISU regardless of the record they have. Matt Campbell is building something there.
Then, if his family wants him to attend ISU, then he should go there. If he does not want to be here, he should go somewhere else. There are more fish in the bowl for Frost and NU.

I'll have whatever Sammy Mac was sipping while on Mikl's radio show today. He said Hutmacher and Gunnerson will be N next week.

I'll have whatever Sammy Mac was sipping while on Mikl's radio show today. He said Hutmacher and Gunnerson will be N next week.
I think he was having what I have already had. I believe they will both be :Nsmilie: . Next week works for me.

Hutmacher said he will not decide until early July and has been consistent about that. Finishing up on wrestling competition.

Gunnerson has said he will decide after Iowa State visit so no surprise there

247 has him an ISU lean and Rivials has him a Husker. It’ll be interesting, Carroll Iowa is a big Cyclone town and only an hour from campus

That’s true, but there’s still plenty of Huskers bumper stickers or window decals and even a few flags, the N is represented in the heart of clone country - we pull our camper over to a lake there usually once a year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back