• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Toughest Huskers

I was kind of expecting to see Mike Brown brought up right away.
That is a good one. From the same Era Minter was a pretty tough guy.
In Carolina's appearance in the Super Bowl against the New England Patriots in 2003, Minter ranked second on defense and equaled a career-high of 18 tackles. Despite breaking his left foot in the third quarter, he stayed in the rest of the game.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Minter
I will always remember that when he retired the Panthers owner cried at the announcement.

This one is easy. How many guys do you know who played through TWO collapsed lungs and fractured ribs after losing the starting job?

543896433ca90.image.jpg

Bob Devaney famously said that we want big kids who like to hit people. And Nebraska's had a ton of them. I wouldn't want to pick a fight with a guy like Jason Peter or Richie Incognito.

In Rocky Balboa, Stallone's character gives a great speech about getting back up after you've been hit. It's not about how hard YOU can hit, but how hard you can GET hit and still keep moving. Nothing hits harder than life.

To me, those qualities put Mr. Berringer in his own category.

This one is easy. How many guys do you know who played through TWO collapsed lungs and fractured ribs after losing the starting job?

543896433ca90.image.jpg

Bob Devaney famously said that we want big kids who like to hit people. And Nebraska's had a ton of them. I wouldn't want to pick a fight with a guy like Jason Peter or Richie Incognito.

In Rocky Balboa, Stallone's character gives a great speech about getting back up after you've been hit. It's not about how hard YOU can hit, but how hard you can GET hit and still keep moving. Nothing hits harder than life.

To me, those qualities put Mr. Berringer in his own category.
I was about to say Incognito

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back