• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nate Clouse on 'Early Break' (6/19/19) Camps/Green/Gunnerson/Commitments?

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Nate on this morning talking a few issues:

---When Green committed to NU the window for him to sign an LOI had passed (was not aware of this). Thus, for all intents and purposes he is a free agent so to speak. Therefore, other teams and of course Nebraska are still recruiting him (ie Texas Tech and Houston). Coach Tui talks to him everyday and Coach Held is still involved. Will be visiting Texas Tech this weekend and is talking about perhaps other visits before he finishes his online course to graduate (not sure if OV or unofficial as 247 and Rivals show a different picture as to how many OVs he has taken). Nate was asked why Texas Tech? What is the allure there? Nate said Green does not like to do interviews. He said all he can figure is he is from the South and always wanted to go back and play there. He also thinks he is of the mind that he has some visits left and why not take them? Nate still thinks as of today he will end of in Lincoln, but with that being said its a less than ideal situation if you are Nebraska. In addition, he thinks he is good enough at the very least to come in and be part of the rotation heavily and maybe push for some starting time. Even more intriguing is he can play anywhere on the line.

---Gunnerson was the talk of the FNL Camp. He did not need to workout but did it anyway. Speaks highly of his work ethic and not being afraid to compete. Even better he looked really good coming off of the hip injury that cost him his Jr. Year. Nate feels the Huskers are the team to beat and thinks he will announce in the next week or so. Which will be a huge pickup for Nebraska.

---Pipeline Camp had 300 kids in Lincoln which as Nate said was unbelievable. Not to mention it was a helmet and shoulder pads camp thus giving a small picture as to was willing to get down and dirty. Thus, a camp that has a lot of potential down the road ( ie high end talent coming in from all over the country not just the Midwest).

Last edited:

Nate on this morning talking a few issues:

---When Green committed to NU the window for him to sign an LOI had passed (was not aware of this). Thus, for all intents and purposes he is a free agent so to speak. Therefore, other teams and of course Nebraska are still recruiting him (ie Texas Tech and Houston). Coach Tui talks to him everyday and Coach Held is still involved. Will be visiting Texas Tech this weekend and is talking about perhaps other visits before he finishes his online course to graduate (not sure if OV or unofficial as 247 and Rivals show a different picture as to how many OVs he has taken). Nate was asked why Texas Tech? What is the allure there? Nate said Green does not like to do interviews. He said all he can figure is he is from the South and always wanted to go back and play there. He also thinks he is of the mind that he has some visits left and why not take them? Nate still thinks as of today he will end of in Lincoln, but with that being said its a less than ideal situation if you are Nebraska. In addition, he thinks he is good enough at the very least to come in and be part of the rotation heavily and maybe push for some starting time. Even more intriguing is he can play anywhere on the line.

---Gunnerson was the talk of the FNL Camp. He did not need to workout but did it anyway. Speaks highly of his work ethic and not being afraid to compete. Even better he looked really good coming off of the hip injury that cost him his Jr. Year. Nate feels the Huskers are the team to beat and thinks he will announce in the next week or so. Which will be a huge pickup for Nebraska.

---Pipeline Camp had 300 kids in Lincoln which as Nate said was unbelievable. Not to mention it was a helmet and shoulder pads camp thus giving a small picture as to was willing to get down and dirty. Thus, a camp that has a lot of potential down the road ( ie high end talent coming in from all over the country not just the Midwest).

Thanks for posting this. Green committed on April 16th and the last day to sign a NLI was April 1st. The Pipeline Camp seemed to be a huge success. Do you know if they're planning on having it in Lincoln every year or rotate it around all the Adidas schools? I'd imagine the Pipeline one would always be in Lincoln, but I have no idea. Les Miles seemed to make a lot of offers for Kansas at the camp.

Thanks for posting this. Green committed on April 16th and the last day to sign a NLI was April 1st. The Pipeline Camp seemed to be a huge success. Do you know if they're planning on having it in Lincoln every year or rotate it around all the Adidas schools? I'd imagine the Pipeline one would always be in Lincoln, but I have no idea. Les Miles seemed to make a lot of offers for Kansas at the camp.

I guess I would liken those offers to a law suit, you sue everyone and let the courts throw out who doesn't belong, so you offer everyone and let it work itself out. All they can say is no.

From Clouse's remarks it sounded like Lincoln would be the host for the camp. He did not directly say it but based on how he spoke it was assumed. Yup its open to coaches from everywhere and yes did make a ton of offers.

I am usually all over the recruiting dates as you know but Green just did not connect with me for whatever reasin

Yeah explains why Green did not sign an LOI.

Last edited:
From Clouse's remarks it sounded like Lincoln would be the host for the camp. He did not directly say it but based on how he spoke it was assumed. Yup its open to coaches from everywhere and yes did make a ton of offers.

I am usually all over the recruiting dates as you know but Green just did not connect with me for whatever reasin

Yeah explains why Green did not sign an LOI.
Good to know even the master is human. :thumbsup:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back