• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Eleven warriors article on offense

Very interesting article. I enjoy watching matchup problems, i.e., schemes that purposefully identify weaknesses and make an opponent wait "that extra moment" to decide what to do which results in big plays, both by the offense and defense. I yield to *** and MABC to provide a more intelligent analysis and insight into Frost's offense and defense.

Totally excellent and easy to grasp what SF is doing with the offense. When the offensive mosaic is fully implemented it's going to an absolute nightmare for BIG DC's to try and defend imo.

Check out the comments while you are at it. A ton of respect for Frost and the Huskers by a lot of tOSU faithful!
I believe Frost’s offense wil be more deadly as he’s had time to evaluate Big Ten offenses and personal. Hopefully they’ll be hitting on all cylinders when OSU and Whisky come to town.

nice. expect to see many more well designed, well run plays in year 2. kind of like ucf year 1 games and ucf year 2 tapes. a handful of good plays became a basketfull of coordinated lightning. gbr

here's t
Well in defense of everyone that tries to give us the X's and O's on here that actually looks like it took a lot of work. Many of us have jobs and a life outside of here.
here's to having a hell of alot to evaluate this year

Wow kind of sad that we get a more thorough breakdown of our offense on an Ohio state site than our own. as a disclosure...…that doesn't include what @ShortSideOption provides us.
I completely agree that it's sad, but it goes even deeper than that. Do you know which website the Nebraska coaches recommended to high school coaches to get film cutups, analysis of the offense, play breakdowns, etc.? FishDuck. When Dustin Haines finished his presentation at the high school coaches' clinic this spring, I mentioned to him that I'd like to get some of the film cutups that he had. He pointed me to the FishDuck site. They'd even used some Oregon film to demonstrate some blocking calls. Nebraska, which is the most football rabid fanbase in America, has a truckload of media folks covering all rumors, gossip, recruiting news, locker room gossip--you name it--but it we want to find intelligent breakdowns of the offense that we run, well, then we need to either go to an Oregon fan's site or to an Ohio State media site for that.

This is absolutely in no way an insult towards @ShortSideOption, who has done a great job with the posts and threads that he's done that look at Nebraska's film, but it shouldn't fall onto the shoulders of a paid subscriber of a discussion board to do the heavy lifting when it comes to breaking down film and explaining Nebraska's offense and defense. Besides FishDuck's stuff--by the way, he's an investment adviser who started breaking down Chip Kelly's offense a decade ago because nobody in the media was doing it--you should check out what they have at Auburn or Clemson or any number of other team's media sites. Why is it that all of the various Nebraska media need a dozen+ people to travel to all of the football camps and repeat all of the same gossip, but can't hire a single football analyst who can break down film? I suspect that a lot of the "experts" who are writing about Nebraska aren't actually capable of doing it. If somebody wants to pay me to do it, I will, and I won't even need the 6-figure salary.

Well in defense of everyone that tries to give us the X's and O's on here that actually looks like it took a lot of work. Many of us have jobs and a life outside of here.
It isn't so hard if you have access to Hudl, which is (I assume) what they were using for all of those video clips with crib notes and spotlighted players, etc. Those videos are set up exactly how the better football coaching DVDs are now set up for installing an offensive series, etc., so I assume that the guy(s) who made it are coaches or former coaches, possibly former players who messed around with their own Hudl highlights a lot.

Without Hudl--as I have found out over the past year--it's a bear. You also need to have access to at least some of the team's game film. The sideline view followed by the endzone view of the same play, back-to-back, is pretty much standard now for how colleges and most larger high schools use Hudl to break down their game film.

I completely agree that it's sad, but it goes even deeper than that. Do you know which website the Nebraska coaches recommended to high school coaches to get film cutups, analysis of the offense, play breakdowns, etc.? FishDuck. When Dustin Haines finished his presentation at the high school coaches' clinic this spring, I mentioned to him that I'd like to get some of the film cutups that he had. He pointed me to the FishDuck site. They'd even used some Oregon film to demonstrate some blocking calls. Nebraska, which is the most football rabid fanbase in America, has a truckload of media folks covering all rumors, gossip, recruiting news, locker room gossip--you name it--but it we want to find intelligent breakdowns of the offense that we run, well, then we need to either go to an Oregon fan's site or to an Ohio State media site for that.

This is absolutely in no way an insult towards @ShortSideOption, who has done a great job with the posts and threads that he's done that look at Nebraska's film, but it shouldn't fall onto the shoulders of a paid subscriber of a discussion board to do the heavy lifting when it comes to breaking down film and explaining Nebraska's offense and defense. Besides FishDuck's stuff--by the way, he's an investment adviser who started breaking down Chip Kelly's offense a decade ago because nobody in the media was doing it--you should check out what they have at Auburn or Clemson or any number of other team's media sites. Why is it that all of the various Nebraska media need a dozen+ people to travel to all of the football camps and repeat all of the same gossip, but can't hire a single football analyst who can break down film? I suspect that a lot of the "experts" who are writing about Nebraska aren't actually capable of doing it. If somebody wants to pay me to do it, I will, and I won't even need the 6-figure salary.

It isn't so hard if you have access to Hudl, which is (I assume) what they were using for all of those video clips with crib notes and spotlighted players, etc. Those videos are set up exactly how the better football coaching DVDs are now set up for installing an offensive series, etc., so I assume that the guy(s) who made it are coaches or former coaches, possibly former players who messed around with their own Hudl highlights a lot.

Without Hudl--as I have found out over the past year--it's a bear. You also need to have access to at least some of the team's game film. The sideline view followed by the endzone view of the same play, back-to-back, is pretty much standard now for how colleges and most larger high schools use Hudl to break down their game film.
I vote for the LJS or the OWH to hire you. All in favor:Thumbsup:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back