• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who Commits Next?

Gunnerson will make his decision after his visit this coming weekend to Iowa State.

Will decide between Nebraska and Iowa State. I think the Huskers are the leader however, whole family are either Cyclone alum or students. So not a slam dunk but in the end like Peyton Manning I think he goes his own way and chooses Nebraska
247 has him an ISU lean and Rivials has him a Husker. It’ll be interesting, Carroll Iowa is a big Cyclone town and only an hour from campus

What does ISU have to offer that NU doesn’t have?
Honestly nothing football wise unless you have a family connection and grew up in the shadows of the campus. Carroll Iowa is a huge Cyclone town. His family, friends and most of the people who grew up with went or go there. It’s safe and familiar. Also, if he’s as talented as we think, he can be a 1st or 2nd rounder out of ISU regardless of the record they have. Matt Campbell is building something there.

Just like Aj Epenesa and Iowa. Kid could have gone anywhere. His Dad and Mom were Hawkeyes. He was raised to be a Hawkeye and that’s where he went.

On the other hand Peyton Manning went his own way and went to TN instead of MS. All the rest of the family went to MS.

On the other hand Peyton Manning went his own way and went to TN instead of MS. All the rest of the family went to MS.

Learned something this weekend with the Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame induction, Peyton had a bit of a family connection to Tennessee that I was previously unaware of -- paternal grandmother was from Humboldt, Tennessee.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back