• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4* DT Logan Jones from Iowa

I’ll keep beating this horse. We can’t let athletes of this caliber inside of 100 miles from campus slip away without getting there 1st. Max Duggan doesn’t count when I say this either. He fit into Riley’s offense, not so much into Frost’s. As I have said before if he lived 3 miles farther west then he does now I wouldn’t be the only one posting about it and it would also be talked about on local sports radio ex.. Noah Fant and Harrison Philips

Last edited:

I’ll keep beating this horse. We can’t let athletes of this caliber inside of 100 miles from campus slip away without getting there 1st. Max Duggan doesn’t count when I say this either. He fit into Riley’s offense, not so much into Frost’s. As I have said before if he lived 3 miles farther west then he does now I wouldn’t be the only one posting about it and it would also be talked about on local sports radio ex.. Noah Fant and Harrison Philips

We're looking at a DT from Cali 6'3" 305# so height wasn't it. Suck to miss maybe something will be change

We're looking at a DT from Cali 6'3" 305# so height wasn't it. Suck to miss maybe something will be change

The kid still has a year of HS to play and committed to Iowa as a sophomore right? He's had a Husker offer for a few months now so it's not like Nebraska offered him last minute. If this kid was truly a Nebraska fan then that NU offer should have had more weight. I just can't muster any outrage over this. If he really wanted to be a Husker he could have been.

I have no idea what the reason is for waiting so long to offer. Forget his current ranking, he was a 3 star as a Sophmore and most of his Junior season. During that period we’re offering DT and DE players from way outside even the 500 mile radius. This kid was 60 miles from campus. They were at his school multiple times trying to get Duggan. The coaches were also at IWCC. I know for a fact that one IWCC coach told them to go after Jones. After Junior season he commits to Iowa, becomes a 4 star top 100 overall and #5 SDE on 247. He then becomes a composite 4 star and then a month later we finally offer. Everything about him fits into what this staff says they want. Humble, whistle to whistle player, versatile, works his butt off, intelligent, excels at multiple sports. The waiting for the new Dline coach was hired to offer is an excuse. He was high on Nebraska but even with an earlier offer he might not have come to Lincoln, but basically ignoring him until after he committed elsewhere was definitely the wrong move on our part. When there are players of Jones’s caliber this close to campus then we need to be on top of it ASAP especially if we’re goimg to continue dropping 300 plus offers a class

The kid still has a year of HS to play and committed to Iowa as a sophomore right? He's had a Husker offer for a few months now so it's not like Nebraska offered him last minute. If this kid was truly a Nebraska fan then that NU offer should have had more weight. I just can't muster any outrage over this. If he really wanted to be a Husker he could have been.

In the 11 months after he went to Junior Day and then had minimal contact with Nebraska and all the while Iowa makes him a priority and puts the full court press on him. He commits to Iowa, a month later his recruiting ranking skyrockets and only then does Nebraska offer. Keep in mind during that time he sees Nebraska walking the halls of his school trying to nap a kid a year ahead of him who’s going else where and also read on Twitter that Nebraska coaches are in town evaluating the kids at the local Juco and still aren’t actively recruiting you. Who would you go with regardless of who you grew up rooting for?

Last edited:

In the 11 months after he went to Junior Day and then had minimal contact with Nebraska and all the while Iowa makes him a priority and puts the full court press on him. He commits to Iowa, a month later his recruiting ranking skyrockets and only then does Nebraska offer. Keep in mind during that time he sees Nebraska walking the halls of his school trying to nap a kid a year ahead of him who’s going else where and also read on Twitter that Nebraska coaches are in town evaluating the kids at the local Juco and still aren’t actively recruiting you. Who would you go with regardless of who you grew up rooting for?
Simple, the school I grew up cheering for. It sounds like you want him to be a Husker more than he wanted to be a Husker.

Simple, the school I grew up cheering for. It sounds like you want him to be a Husker more than he wanted to be a Husker.
I tend to have the same take on it as you do. So many think like, "What do you mean, he doesn't want to be a Husker?" Not every kid in the fly over states, grows up dreaming of playing for Nebraska as much as that may hurt some of the HMers pride, it's just how it is. In the larger scope of things, it's one of those no biggy sorta deals.

Last edited:

I was just saying as a size comparison, to the Cali guy is all.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back