• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

***BREAKING NEWS*** Will Bolt new HC!!!

Seems low to me, though of course it’s about 50% more than what Erstad was getting paid. But Moos really pulled out the big bucks for SF and FH, so I guess I just assumed he would for this hire too.
I don’t think Bolts salary is indicative of what Moos would have paid. But I do think it’s a glimpse into who we are able to attract playing baseball in the B1G.

A&M had a worse batting average with him as hitting coach than Nebraska did. So I would think not.
Regularly? Or in 2019 only?

One would hope he can bring them in knowing how to hit, with scouting and plate approaches introduced for improving results.

Regularly? Or in 2019 only?

One would hope he can bring them in knowing how to hit, with scouting and plate approaches introduced for improving results.
2 of the last 3 years Nebraska has nationally and in-conference ranked better than Texas A&M, which is why Aggie fans wanted him gone. I was more mocking a poster that comes into every thread and says the same thing. Hitting won't be our issue under Bolt, neither will defense. Let's see who he goes for with his pitching coach.

Keep the present assistants? or bring in some new blood?
He will get rid of Kirby I think. There could be a strong push to keep Silva, he worked with Silva when he was here and nationally he is very well respected. Our team ERA was in the top 20% of the NCAA 5 of the last 8 years or something like that. Certainly his first few years. But if i'm Bolt, I start completely over. Don't give any fan any room to correlate anything back to previous regime.

Again, I can see it both ways with Silva tho.

Solid single for NU. Could make it a double with the right pitching coach. I’m on the opposite side of the spectrum regarding Silva compared to ***. I wouldn’t consider keeping him on even if for free.

I hope he knows that the baseball team doesn't play at Memorial Stadium.:)
I sure he knows we play at the Buck
He kNows, it's the only venue in Lincoln big enough to hold 90,000
Can he teach them to hit?

lacoliseum.jpg

Can he teach them to hit?. Sure ...... short left field fence. Dodgers played for several seasons at the LA Memorial Coliseum.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back