• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Womens World Cup; Final: USA vs Neatherlands

A goal and three assists pretty okay in my book

No it did not matter

Stats were fine and she did some really good things. But, most of her shots toward goal were simply awful. I'm sure she'll settle in and be more consistent the rest of the way.

12 June schedule - teams play their second group game:

8:00 AM US Central: Nigeria vs. South Korea

11:00 AM US Central: Germany vs. Spain (Spain considered an improving dark horse)

2:00 PM US Central: France vs. Norway

Spain v Germany match today should answer a lot of questions. Biggest being is Spain for real as some in the media have been pushing. Biggest game of the competition thus far

Spain like the mens team is great in possession and box to box but as pointed out at half time do not have a natural goal scorer to help them in and around the goal

Possession is the only thing that gives them a chance to hang with big girls (ie USA and France) in my opinion.

Germany to me is not as good as their past teams have been.

Spain will not go far in the knockout rounds because of a lack of attacking players who can score. Germany needs to open up and pull out of their scoring funk to have a chance to go deep. Two goals in two games draws concerns

Some questions starting to be answered

Germany wins 1-0

Norwegian girl just penalized against france is way hot. For the record BS call. Clearly went for the ball and in the follow through the frech girl ran into her cleat.

Last edited:

Norwegian girl just penalized against france is way hot. For the record BS call. Clearly went for the ball and in the follow through the frech girl ran into her cleat.

First sentence should get you banned from this thread. For all the obvious reasons.

France was the better team it just took them awhile to wear down Norway who is trying to get back to where they were a decade or so back. Good game none the less

Two games Thursday.

11:00 AM Central: Australia vs. Brazil
2:00 PM Central: South Africa vs. China

I haven't heard if Marta is available for Brazil. Australia was on the wrong end of the tournament's biggest upset thus far.

Last edited:

So what's everyone's take on the US goal celebrations? If it were a friendly, I'd have a problem with it, but no problem with their actions in a WC match. The only thing they need to be careful of would be their actions if another team built up a large lead, and celebrated.

So what's everyone's take on the US goal celebrations? If it were a friendly, I'd have a problem with it, but no problem with their actions in a WC match. The only thing they need to be careful of would be their actions if another team built up a large lead, and celebrated.

I have absolutely no problem with players wildly celebrating their first WC goal, this has been their dream since 6 or 7 years old. I also have no problem with Morgan celebrating her record-tying 5th WC goal.

I was not as supportive of some of the other late celebrations by experienced goal scorers.

I have absolutely no problem with players wildly celebrating their first WC goal, this has been their dream since 6 or 7 years old. I also have no problem with Morgan celebrating her record-tying 5th WC goal.

I was not as supportive of some of the other late celebrations by experienced goal scorers.

This and the political drama that they carry makes this a tough team to like for a lot of people. Personally, I'll never cheer against an American team, but I wont be pulling for this one to win either. Taking the middle here, not for em, not against em.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back