• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Andy Janovich, ESPN piece

Maybe would consider giving up the chew but that is just nitpicking. Aside from that, what a good article, I hope he has a long successful career, and a healthy one to boot.

And I was thinking that he should give up the Busch Lite for something else. :Cheers:

By the end of the 2019 season Andy will have made between 2.3 and 2.4 million since joining the NFL. I'd say for guy that got almost ZERO attention at Nebraska except for his last year he's done very well for himself.

So if Busch Light, chew and hunting gear is his thing... he's certainly deserving! Way to go Andy....

And I was thinking that he is a former Husker that survived the Pelini and Riley eras to be successful in the NFL. :thumbsup:

Actually, he probably is quite thankful for Mike Riley.

Jano saw three total carries (all as a freshman) and no touchdowns in three years under Bo. That happened while listed as a running back at the start of his Husker career. Once converted to a fullback for his sophomore and junior seasons, his stats dwindled -- no carries, 1 reception. Only appeared in three total games in 2013 and 2014.

However, his senior year in 2015 coincided with Riley's arrival. That resulted in 42 carries and 3 scores (tack on 58 yards receiving as well).

There's a reasonable chance Janovich would not be playing in the NFL had Riley not given him a chance to show his value to the team. As much as we might not care for Mike Riley, he was an absolute blessing for Andy Janovich.

Last edited:

Janovich exudes humility, hard work and team first. So proud to call him a Husker.

:Thecreedsign:

The former Colorado Buffalo and current Jano teammate agrees with you. :)

“He’s what you think about as a Nebraska guy," Broncos running back Phillip Lindsay said. “He works, does his job, doesn’t ask for anybody to cheer him on or anything. He just does it."

Actually, he probably is quite thankful for Mike Riley.

Jano saw three total carries (all as a freshman) and no touchdowns in three years under Bo. That happened while listed as a running back at the start of his Husker career. Once converted to a fullback for his sophomore and junior seasons, his stats dwindled -- no carries, 1 reception. Only appeared in three total games in 2013 and 2014.

However, his senior year in 2015 coincided with Riley's arrival. That resulted in 42 carries and 3 scores (tack on 58 yards receiving as well).

There's a reasonable chance Janovich would not be playing in the NFL had Riley not given him a chance to show his value to the team. As much as we might not care for Mike Riley, he was an absolute blessing for Andy Janovich.

I absolutely agree that Jano owes a lot to his time with MR, who gave him a chance to demonstrate his utility. A real feel-good story.

Last edited:

I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten more attention, not big headline I know. Jano is an All American badass, obviously very humble as well. I guess I can relate to him on the Hunting Gear, it's a sickness. He may have an old truck but he may have 50k in Hunting Gear. I'd love to go hunting with him.

Here's the best line from the article:

"I mean, the first time I changed the oil on it, I knew right then it was an old farm truck because I opened the hood, and there was just corn all over on the inside."

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back