• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

B1G announces new bowl lineup for 2020-2025

Agreed the Pinstripe bowl in NY and the Detroit bowls seem like punishment, not fun bowls. I would never travel to either location for a game in December.
I can't speak for Detroit, but NYC is a good place to visit around Christmas, but it depends what you want from a trip. It's usually not super cold, and there's no shortage of places to go, things to see. Hotels are expensive, as is almost everything else, which is probably the biggest drawback.

Maybe there should be two bowl seasons, one for the northern states when it's hot down south, and then one for southern states when it's cold up north.

Dittos the Bronx
You're right about there not being much in the Bronx, but you can take a sub there from anywhere else. If you're bored in Manhattan ... you're probably alone and broke. Spend your time in Manhattan and then take a sub to the Bronx for the game.

Maybe there should be two bowl seasons, one for the northern states when it's hot down south, and then one for southern states when it's cold up north.

Preseason kickoff classics. I like that idea, never going to happen but I do like it.

C

I like Kickoff Classics, too. I just have never understood when they call them "Preseason" in college. As soon as the kickoff happens, the season has actually started. :p

LOL, very true. I do think that Bowl games which count, played at the beginning of the season could be called preseason. Just because the NFL does not count the games does not mean college couldn't. :thumbsup:

C

LOL, very true. I do think that Bowl games which count, played at the beginning of the season could be called preseason. Just because the NFL does not count the games does not mean college couldn't. :thumbsup:

C
I see where you're going, but my personality would not allow me to not make some smart aleck comment. Still would love to see those Kickoff Classics, though.

I see where you're going, but my personality would not allow me to not make some smart aleck comment. Still would love to see those Kickoff Classics, though.

And I put it on a tee, had to swing. LOL Preseason does imply practice/prep so call them kickoff classics and play them in the norther latitudes as MadRat suggested. There are already neutral site games the first week involving P5 blue bloods and high caliber programs so just a small step further and we are there.

C

And I put it on a tee, had to swing. LOL Preseason does imply practice/prep so call them kickoff classics and play them in the norther latitudes as MadRat suggested. There are already neutral site games the first week involving P5 blue bloods and high caliber programs so just a small step further and we are there.

C
Works for me...the Kickoff Classics in the 90s that Nebraska was part of were some of my favorite games.

I am personally excited about the Las Vegas bowl. With the building of the new Raiders stadium they are really going to upgrade this bowl in money payouts and prestige.

I know a lot of people don't get into Vegas, but for me it is a no brainer place for a bowl game.

Agreed the Pinstripe bowl in NY and the Detroit bowls seem like punishment, not fun bowls. I would never travel to either location for a game in December.
Probly do Detroit before NY. Detroit stadium is a dome. So not freezing you buns off. NY is not only outside in January. It is outside in a bad neighborhood, in a crap stadium made for baseball. Not sure why the B1G thought that would be a good destination.

Probly do Detroit before NY. Detroit stadium is a dome. So not freezing you buns off. NY is not only outside in January. It is outside in a bad neighborhood, in a crap stadium made for baseball. Not sure why the B1G thought that would be a good destination.

The new Yankee Stadium is actually a really nice stadium. It is a baseball park, but it's worth a trip. It's still in New York...and outside, so there's that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back