• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CJ Smith to transfer portal

These trends are making my interest in recruiting less and less. It's getting hard for me to get excited about a new prospect even as a 4 star. I used to love to follow our recruits diligently and get excited about their film & potential. Now I feel I may as well just stop paying attention until they hit the field, even then they still bail.

Can’t label all today’s young players with that tag. Dozens of walk-ons competing everyday. This guy just believes he doesn’t fit moving forward. There are four or five programs in his home state that will be a better fit.
Most

Who’s lawn are we on again?
I believe that it's her lawn....
Watering the lawn.jpg

Last edited:
Best of luck to him. I would have transfered closer to home when I was his age if the Navy would have let me :Biggrin:

Last edited:

Much more convenient to take the easy way out and transfer rather than to re-evaluate yourself, meet the challenge and work harder to improver your own position. Unfortunately, seems to be the mantra of young people.
It’s a mantra we as sports fans created. This isn’t just a young people are lazy thing. College sports is a huge business and is treated as such by coaches and players. You don’t think someone is going to contribute you find a way to get rid of them. You don’t think your going to play you find a new school. These kids see NFL money within their grasps in three years. Now some of them are delusional and won’t make it but others will. Hell you don’t even have to be a superstar to make an NFL roster and possibly get paid.

its gotton to where fans can no longer say...........Oh this is part of the transition. 3 guys recently, all SF guys and we only had 2 safties recruited last year and theyve both left. cant paint this as a good thing even if you try
It’s a normal thing at every single college in the country. You need to go check other teams rosters out. This happens everywhere.

I find it concerning that 1.the guys leaving are in areas of need, and 2. That when the heat is turned up so many guys are bailing out. I know Bama loses numbers of guys every year. Maybe this type of situation is a better explanation of what happens down there as well. Is competition really that tough? We can hope that the better competition transitions to the field. This almost makes me feel like we are yet another year or 2 away from being a dominant team? i.e. serious lack of depth.
It is odd that we are seeing safeties transfer out when we lost essentially 3 starters from last year. Also Frost said he thought we had a top 5 safety class nationally in 2018, but who is left? It was a transition class, I get it, but it does seem a little odd in some spots.

Last edited:
its gotton to where fans can no longer say...........Oh this is part of the transition. 3 guys recently, all SF guys and we only had 2 safties recruited last year and theyve both left. cant paint this as a good thing even if you try
I bet I can.

If we brought in guys during that first, abbreviated recruiting period we felt had potential to contribute, and those players now feel the talent from the new class might be better to the point they won’t be able to compete, I’d say we must have some serious talent coming in.

A former coach told me athletes are the best judge of talent. Oh sure, they may talk a big game to other players or friends, but deep down they know how they stack up. These guys saw something that put them in the portal.

Last edited:

I bet I can.

If we brought in guys during that first, abbreviated recruiting period we felt had potential to contribute, and those players now feel the talent from the new class might be better to the point they won’t be able to compete, I’d say we must have some serious talent coming in.

A former coach told me athletes are the best judge of talent. Oh sure, they may talk a big game to other players or friends, but deep down they know how they stack up. These guys saw something that put them in the portal.

I love this spin, hope it plays out on the field!

GBR.

I love this spin, hope it plays out on the field!

GBR.
I dont see this as spin at all. And it will play out on the field, but it will take some time, which is why I'd be elated with 7 wins this year. That base of athletes has to be built and it cant and wont happen overnight.

I see that the pitchfork crowd is already stirring in the town square.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back