• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

When your mascot is literally a cheater.........

BigRedAvenger

Poster of Substance
5 Year Member
Last edited:
I'd rather have OU in the B1G than just about any other option, but the academics were already an issue before this, and this is the sort of thing that will bother a lot of B1G presidents a lot more than the average fan realizes.

Texas' academics are top notch. They don't need to cheat, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. It's an open secret that a lot of schools fudge the numbers when they submit them for the US News' rankings. Everything is dependent upon honest self-reporting, and there are a lot of incentives for various levels of administrators to be dishonest as there's little cost but often a lot of prestige to be gained.

What does OU's mascot have to do with this? What did I miss in the short article?
There is a scandal that has come out that OU has been lying on some of their self-reported statistics that are used by college ranking services. It's a CNN article. Is it not opening for you?

There is a scandal that has come out that OU has been lying on some of their self-reported statistics that are used by college ranking services. It's a CNN article. Is it not opening for you?
I never once read anything about the mascot itself cheating. After all, the mascot is a student, not the admin. Just curious what I missed.

I never once read anything about the mascot itself cheating. After all, the mascot is a student, not the admin. Just curious what I missed.
Oh, that! He meant that "Sooners" as a choice of mascot for the university since the original Sooners were those who broke the law and made claims to the available land before the official time when the Oklahoma Land Rush took place.

Oh, that! He meant that "Sooners" as a choice of mascot for the university since the original Sooners were those who broke the law and made claims to the available land before the official time when the Oklahoma Land Rush took place.
HAHA! I guess that you are correct. OP has the same sort of hatred for OU as I have for Texas and FSU. Touché.

HAHA! I guess that you are correct. OP has the same sort of hatred for OU as I have for Texas and FSU. Touché.
I hated Oklahoma and Barry Switzer with an all-consuming passionate fire in the mid-80s, but then Barry had to resign, and they became garbage in the 90s, and I realized that I missed the rivalry. Now Barry is almost as much of a celebrity in Nebraska as he is in Oklahoma. People are strange, including myself.

I hated Oklahoma and Barry Switzer with an all-consuming passionate fire in the mid-80s, but then Barry had to resign, and they became garbage in the 90s, and I realized that I missed the rivalry. Now Barry is almost as much of a celebrity in Nebraska as he is in Oklahoma. People are strange, including myself.
I went to HS in Oklahoma, and was the only kid with Husker gear that I know of in that town, and while a lot of my friends or even just school mates gave me hell, especially when we lost, most people were really cool about it. I never really hated OU, I really loved the rivalry, but I could not stand Switzer at all, I always thought of him as a grown ass punk. I seriously miss the Nebraska - OU games.

I never really hated OU

I did. My favorite shirt for most of high school was one of those that said, "My two favorite teams are Nebraska and whoever is playing Oklahoma." I meant it.

I really loved the rivalry

Yeah, I did, too. Football is more meaningful when you have someone you just have to beat.

I could not stand Switzer at all, I always thought of him as a grown ass punk

I always thought that he was a womanizing used car salesman who cheated. Now I kind of like him. I'd definitely buy him a beer and listen to some stories.

I seriously miss the Nebraska - OU games.

It's never been the same since the start of the Big 12.

I’ve always had a love/hate attitude for OU, I wanted them to win their other games. That way when we could curb stomp them it just felt better, still liked beating them in the 90’s, but it just wasn’t the same. Absolutely hated the Big 12, and quite frankly just about everything TO disliked about it came to fruition.

What does OU's mascot have to do with this? What did I miss in the short article?

Did you guys know that UT's mascot is also a cheater?

Bevo took marriage vows with Mrs. Bevo, but I caught him fooling around with Ralphie at a CU game once.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back