• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

***BREAKING NEWS***HC Erstad stepping down...

Big loss to the University. Sorry to all those living in fantasy land because of a handful of decent years in baseball but Erstad was a great coach for this program. Baseball is an after thought in the Midwest. Our best young players either go to the pros or go South for college.
Why wouldn't they. The Big 10 is not a baseball conference. Its mid major. It was one thing to be in a cold weather situation but play in a southern conference like we did in the Big 12. But we are the most southern team in a baseball as an afterthought conference.

I thought Erstad did about as good as can be expected for a team in our situation. Not saying he was great but he wasn't as bad as many think either. The deck is stacked against us and he played the cards he was dealt decently.

I would have liked to have been better within the conference under Erstad, without a doubt...but we were never going to relive the glory years of Husker baseball.

Why would anyone want to go after Moos? That doesn't make any sense to ANYONE with a higher then room temp IQ IMO........ What exactly has Moos done that people would want him fired?

FWIW I'll bet Moos makes another great coaching hire..........

I agree with you, but there are some in this fanbase that don't like him.

He can probably keep it to 100 mile and JUCOs actually.
Yep and there are plenty of those types of kids with minimal pro prospects out of High School and at Jucos. Iowa Western should always be the 1st stop. Those kids will keep us at the top of the Big 10, beyond that it’s a crap shoot. Like I said in earlier posts, the whiners on this board and social media need to get a grip about what baseball is in this conference and where this program is. Erstad did a great job for what he had to work with.

I hope the reasoning is genuine. A Multi-sport Husker legend like Erstad deserved more from us all. I get the post season record wasn’t acceptable, but he did a fine job.
I had the same thought
is that a legitimate reason
or was Darin just got fed up

I agree with you, but there are some in this fanbase that don't like him.
There are always outliers in every fan base but hopefully they are a small minority. We've all heard about or actually lived through some (so called) Husker fans that wanted Dr Tom to be fired back in the day. It only illustrates how idiotic and unhinged some mental midgets can really be.

Until the Big Ten changes their stupid rules that tilt the playing field against their teams, it is rather irrelevant who Nebraska hires. They won't be a national contender.

Sorry to see Erstad go. He had a decent record, he didn't embarrass the University, and he was dirt cheap.
So cheap that he didn't even have a salary!

Yep and there are plenty of those types of kids with minimal pro prospects out of High School and at Jucos. Iowa Western should always be the 1st stop. Those kids will keep us at the top of the Big 10, beyond that it’s a crap shoot. Like I said in earlier posts, the whiners on this board and social media need to get a grip about what baseball is in this conference and where this program is. Erstad did a great job for what he had to work with.
We severed the Iowa Western relationship pretty good. Hoping the new coach can come in and mend that. Also need to get into Hutch, that's where the best Nebraska kids go. Southeast Community College needs to be a feeder still as well.

We severed the Iowa Western relationship pretty good. Hoping the new coach can come in and mend that. Also need to get into Hutch, that's where the best Nebraska kids go. Southeast Community College needs to be a feeder still as well.
IWCC has a solid all around Athletic program will plenty of community support. With the time Frost and Co have spent knocking down the 1st barrier the rest of the Athletic Department needs to come in and knock the rest of it down. There are good kids, good academics and good athletes at IWCC and DONU is the closest major college all around Athletic Program to them. No disrespect to UNO or Creighton.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back