• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

***BREAKING NEWS***HC Erstad stepping down...

It makes you wonder if he was asked to change his staff? I know he mentioned he was not willing to do that earlier this year in an interview. It will be interesting to see who they can hire.

The guy "got it". His comments around the B10 tourney and getting guys into situations for memorable experiences was important to him. What a credit to the University, the baseball program and the teams he led. Sorry to see this, but look forward to what's next for him and for this promising young nucleus of Husker players. GBR!

I'm shocked. I don't really use social media as a fair gauge of criticism, as that gives unreasonable power to the loudest and least knowledgeable. Was there a lot of negativity directed toward Darin in Lincoln and Omaha?

This is actually win-win for certain people. If the next hire sucks, they can go after Moos. If it's a great hire, they'll just rag on Osborne.
Why would anyone want to go after Moos? That doesn't make any sense to ANYONE with a higher then room temp IQ IMO........ What exactly has Moos done that people would want him fired?

FWIW I'll bet Moos makes another great coaching hire..........

Last edited:
Timing not a coincidence FYI. Few candidates will be here in about a week and it’s an easy interview.

That makes a lot of sense, kind of forgot about the CWS. Maybe get someone to come take a peek that normally wouldn't have made the trek to Lincoln. What about any of those small clubs (cinderalla's) that have made it to Omaha over the last several years, anyone there you like?

Why would anyone want to go after Moos? That doesn't make any sense to ANYONE with a higher then room temp IQ IMO........ What exactly has Moos done that people would want him fired?

FWIW I'll bet Moos makes another great coaching hire..........

Need to read HWm post right above your post to answer that question.

Until the Big Ten changes their stupid rules that tilt the playing field against their teams, it is rather irrelevant who Nebraska hires. They won't be a national contender.

Sorry to see Erstad go. He had a decent record, he didn't embarrass the University, and he was dirt cheap.

That makes a lot of sense, kind of forgot about the CWS. Maybe get someone to come take a peek that normally wouldn't have made the trek to Lincoln. What about any of those small clubs (cinderalla's) that have made it to Omaha over the last several years, anyone there you like?
Seely and Bolt immediately come to mind. Not sure if we can pull Oral Robert, Dallas Baptist Coach, etc. I think we will get a better candidate of an unreal assistant from somewhere other than a head coach from somewhere. Will be curious to see what our budget is. We were getting our staff on the cheap, new Coach is going to want about a million for salaries.

Oregon or Washington State just got a real good hire. Can’t remember which one.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back