• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 Star JUCO RB Dedrick Mills is N; Update: Will Be On Campus Wednesday 22 May

Yep. he is a Husker through and through. Him, Ruud and Austin should be long haul guys, dontcha think?
Ruud has said that he'd like to be a head coach someday. It's my experience that that feeling generally doesn't go away. Depending on timing and offers and possible promotions, that could be something that happens down the line. If he's still around after 6-8 years, he likely won't leave.

Ruud has said that he'd like to be a head coach someday. It's my experience that that feeling generally doesn't go away. Depending on timing and offers and possible promotions, that could be something that happens down the line. If he's still around after 6-8 years, he likely won't leave.

So that feeling doesn't go away... unless it's been 6-8 years?

:Wink:

So that feeling doesn't go away... unless it's been 6-8 years?

:Wink:
No, but if he hasn't gotten something to take him away in that time, the window starts to close on the opportunities unless you're willing to go to the New Mexico States or UTEP type of programs that have a very low ceiling for ever being competitive. If he is still coaching at Nebraska after 8 years, it becomes harder to leave. Right now, I'd estimate his timeline is something like a few years at Nebraska as an ILB coach, then a promotion elsewhere to something that include partial DC responsibilities, then a year or two later, he'd be a full DC, and then a few years later, you've earned your shot as a head coach if you've been successful at DC. I suppose it's possible that he could work his way up the chain at Nebraska on something like that timeline, but I meant if he's still an ILB coach 8 years from now, it probably would mean that he preferred being at Nebraska, working with Frost, and all of the stability and familiarity that comes with that, versus taking the opportunities that will come.

I’d worry about Ruud a little bit if a DC job opened up somewhere. I really have no clue on Austin, but would think he’s comfortable being the OL guy for a prolific offense.
I agree. In order to get a good offer, the Nebraska defense would have to shine, and the ILBs would have to be perceived as the strength of the unit. We will hopefully have a pretty good defense this fall, but I don't see the focus being on the ILBs and their coach for at least a couple more years.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back