• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Scholarship Numbers

Hail Varsity article link to offensive scholarship and walk-on numbers...

First of all. The article yesterday on the O and now this one are great Sgt Friday reports. (Just the facts). Today's lead to a question. @ShortSideOption or @N2FL specifically at MLB where we are short on schollie players. I see some familiar family names from NE lore. Any of those walk on Guys stand out to you as potential scholarship earners. Also Any that could be workable back ups for the upcoming year.

If the roster remains intact, we'll be at 153 in the summer. Jahkeem Green, Joshua Wegener, William Przystup, and Garrett Nuss are not included on the official roster yet.
Yeah, I noticed those guys weren't listed, yet. Always interesting to see how things match up.

First of all. The article yesterday on the O and now this one are great Sgt Friday reports. (Just the facts). Today's lead to a question. @ShortSideOption or @N2FL specifically at MLB where we are short on schollie players. I see some familiar family names from NE lore. Any of those walk on Guys stand out to you as potential scholarship earners. Also Any that could be workable back ups for the upcoming year.
Joey Johnson will play this year at MIKE. Cassidy and Archer are the other two that could help. Reimers is a walk-on to keep an eye on but as a true freshman probably a little too much to ask him to contribute.

1st - Barry - Miller
2nd - Johnson - Honas
3rd - Hannah - Cassidy

Big Red Blitz

Frost commented yesterday concerning the 2019 recruiting class that ““there’s a handful of kids that still have work to do, to completely qualify and get to campus”. Other than Bland I had thought everyone else was good to go.

A handful implies there is more than one who hasn’t qualified yet. There may be more scholarships for transfers after all.

Big Red Blitz

Frost commented yesterday concerning the 2019 recruiting class that ““there’s a handful of kids that still have work to do, to completely qualify and get to campus”. Other than Bland I had thought everyone else was good to go.

A handful implies there is more than one who hasn’t qualified yet. There may be more scholarships for transfers after all.
Who isn't already on campus now?

Big Red Blitz

As far as initial counters go, I thought they changed the rule like 2 years ago that if you sign and don't qualify, you still count. That's why I thought we didn't sign Bland because he was such a long shot. I could be wrong though.

As far as initial counters go, I thought they changed the rule like 2 years ago that if you sign and don't qualify, you still count. That's why I thought we didn't sign Bland because he was such a long shot. I could be wrong though.
You may be right. I had forgotten about that.

Correct

RFr S C.J. Smith is the latest player to depart the program. Sitting at 82 scholarships (81 if Mazour's is not renewed). 2020 budget is roughly 22 now.

Rutgers transfer TE Travis Vokolek is N. He'll be a true junior and have to sit out this upcoming season.

Vokolek's commitment gives us 82-83 scholarships pending if Mazour's is renewed or not.

If Vokolek counts as a 2019 counter, then we should be full. If they're able to count him as a blueshirt (and towards the 2020 numbers), then we still have room for one more.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back