• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who do you MOST want to see Nebraska beat in 2019?

If Nebraska beat only one of these teams in 2019, which game would you MOST want to see them win?*

• Sept. 21: at Illinois

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oct. 5: Northwestern

• Oct. 12: at Minnesota

• Oct. 26: Indiana

• Nov. 2: at Purdue

• Nov. 23: at Maryland

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I picked Wisconsin, I don't like losing to them. If you have ever been to any of their boards they act like they have always been good and Nebraska has always been terrible. They think their education is superior to every other schools in the B1G, and that is no joke. Plus a poster that was on a business trip to Sidney, Ne was making a lot of fun it and the state of Nebraska in general. It is not just banter, they truly believe this.

Second would be Iowa. This is a little hard,but not really, as I actually grew up in SW Iowa from the age of 10 till HS graduation. Most people in my hometown were either Nebraska fans or ISU fans. I actually lived closer to Lincoln than to Des Moines. Iowa fans just need to lose a couple of times and they will calm down. right now they are a little full of themselves.

Honestly ... that's my pick, too. I want to beat them about a dozen times in a row, and then never play them again. There's probably nobody I'd rather beat than Oklahoma, but I'd actually like to play them every year. For Texas, I'd like to just curb-stomp them every few years in a bowl game, but otherwise never have to play them.

I almost picked Colorado since they're on the schedule and because of the past between our two teams.

However, these are more important in the grand scheme of things;

OsU - I want them/Mich., to be our Oklahoma. You kNow, when we're playing in the Conference Championship Game. :Rockon:

Wisconsin - They're our leap to play Okl...OsU?Mich., Kind of our K. St./Missouri.

Iowa - I want them to be our biot...er...Colorado/Iowa St. :Giggle:

After that - JUST WIN, BABY!!! :Corn2:

I added UM for those years they win their division. :Biggrin:

Glad to see we're all on the same (correct) page here. :)

Bucky needs to go down. Long overdue.
I'm a little surprised that Wisconsin is getting such a high percentage of votes. I expected Iowa to get more, but the rest are about what I would have assumed. I thought there might be someone from western Indiana who is tired of putting up with Purdue's b.s.. :thumbsup:

I believe that the most important game to win is the conference game where we face the toughest road opponent. Right now, that looks like Minnesota.

Sure, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Iowa are "bigger" names, and most fans will consider them the most important...but I believe that it is easier to handle our business against tough opponents at home. A big road win, would do wonders for our ability to in the West.

EDIT: I didn't read the actual poll question, which indicates whatever team is selected is our only win for the year. As a result, I changed my vote to be for the most important home game, which is obviously Ohio State.

Last edited:

Creighton? In Omaha?
Umm, yeah,... I think you may want to go check out the baseball page? or the basketball page? or the women's soccer page?

If you're looking for Nebraska versus Creighton in football, the Bluejays have apparently never gotten over that 102-0 thrashing we gave them back in '05 ... that would be 1905.

I believe that the most important game to win is the conference game where we face the toughest road opponent. Right now, that looks like Minnesota.

Sure, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Iowa are "bigger" names, and most fans will consider them the most important...but I believe that it is easier to handle our business against tough opponents at home. A big road win, would do wonders for our ability to in the West.

EDIT: I didn't read the actual poll question, which indicates whatever team is selected is our only win for the year. As a result, I changed my vote to be for the most important home game, which is obviously Ohio State.
Either way, I appreciate the explanation more than the vote.

Honestly ... that's my pick, too. I want to beat them about a dozen times in a row, and then never play them again. There's probably nobody I'd rather beat than Oklahoma, but I'd actually like to play them every year. For Texas, I'd like to just curb-stomp them every few years in a bowl game, but otherwise never have to play them.

In a bowl game with a national title on the line to make the Shortwhorn pain that much greater

GET TICKETS

Back