• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who do you MOST want to see Nebraska beat in 2019?

If Nebraska beat only one of these teams in 2019, which game would you MOST want to see them win?*

• Sept. 21: at Illinois

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oct. 5: Northwestern

• Oct. 12: at Minnesota

• Oct. 26: Indiana

• Nov. 2: at Purdue

• Nov. 23: at Maryland

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I expect a lot of people to respond based on where they live and which fan base is most vocal near them. (Edit: I guess that that's what I did as Iowa and Iowa fans are closest/loudest in my area.)

Don't forget to vote up above.

This is what has continued to confuse me. I live in Omaha and see Iowa fans all the time. They talk crap and like to rub in the fact that they've dominated us the last 5 years. That's fine, they have bragging rights.

Would I like to see us beat them? Sure. But no more or less than i'd like to see us beat some random team like Virginia or Nevada. I just don't care about Iowa or anything their fans have to say. I give them a blank stare or smile and nod until they stop talking. Iowa just does nothing for me.

Wisconsin on the other hand, well, that's an entirely different story.

I had to go with Wisconsin, it was a tough choice over Iowa and Ohio State. Mainly because I have several badger friends and only a couple of Iowa friends. I think we already are going to beat tOSU so I didn't consider them.

Iowa. Their fans talk entirely way too much crap and they take extra pride in beating us. Beating Wisconsin or Ohio State does nothing if it's the only win on the season. Beating Iowa at least keeps those losers quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of choices. CU goes w/o saying, and Wisconsin and Iowa are high on the list. But beating the Buckeyes will say more about the Huskers becoming the new big boy on the block, so I took the Bucks.

Lots of choices. CU goes w/o saying, and Wisconsin and Iowa are high on the list. But beating the Buckeyes will say more about the Huskers becoming the new big boy on the block, so I took the Bucks.
Not if it's the only win in a season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every Big Ten game means infinitely more than the Colorado game.

Sure, I want Nebraska to beat Colorado -- but I really want Nebraska to beat every Big Ten opponent more -- because they mean more. And all but maybe one or two of our Big Ten opponents are better teams than Colorado. Northern Illinois is a better program than Colorado, for god's sake.

But I'll say this -- every Colorado fan, coach, player, and media type wants Nebraska fans to care most about the Huskers playing the Buffs.

Last edited:

Every Big Ten game means infinitely more than the Colorado game.

Sure, I want Nebraska to beat Colorado -- but I really want Nebraska to beat every Big Ten opponent more -- because they mean more. And all but maybe one or two of our Big Ten opponents are better teams than Colorado. Northern Illinois is a better program than Colorado, for god's sake.

But I'll say this -- every Colorado fan, coach, player, and media type wants Nebraska fans to care most about the Huskers playing the Buffs.

Not if your license plate says this.....LOL

Photo on 6-10-16 at 10.28 AM.jpg

I can't even answer the question. The answer is "all of the above" or, as BuffSurveyor said, "the next team on the schedule."

So are we saying it would be OK to go 1-11 this year? I'm like TO, I can't comprehend the mindset of "if we could just beat Oklahoma, it doesn't matter if we lose all the rest."

Focusing (or obsessing) on one or two opponents that we "have to beat" is what gets you in trouble. See Texas 2010.

Just win the next play. After that play is over, forget about it and win the next play. Repeat that process until the season is complete.

GET TICKETS

Back