• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Recruiting Numbers and Info

One Hit Wonder

Recruit
2 Year Member
It’s a fairly quiet time of the year so I thought I would take a look at Nebraska’s current recruiting efforts. Some of these numbers are eye-popping.

Total offers:

– Total offers
306 – Currently uncommitted
3 – Nebraska commits (QB, WR, OL)

Offers by Position:
Position
Offers
Not Committed
QB
8​
4​
RB
40​
30​
WR
73​
49​
TE
18​
12​
OL
65​
38​
DE
60​
44​
DT
25​
15​
LB
65​
45​
DB
68​
42​
ATH
41​
27​
  • 181 – Number of offers by Nebraska to kids from states that are typically dominated by SEC schools’ locations (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana and Kentucky).
  • 58 – Number of kids offered by Nebraska that are committed to an SEC school.
  • 36 – Number of kids offered by Nebraska that are committed to an ACC school.
  • 30 – Number of kids offered by Nebraska that are committed to a Big 10 school.
  • 27 – Offers by Nebraska to kids from the state of Alabama.
  • 18 – Offers by Nebraska to kids currently committed to Alabama.
  • 14 – Offers by Nebraska to kids currently committed to a PAC12 school.
  • 10 – Offers by Nebraska to kids currently committed to Clemson.
  • 10 – Offers by Nebraska to kids currently committed to a Big 12 school.
Offers by state:

Florida
85​
Texas
57​
California
45​
Georgia
45​
Alabama
27​
Maryland
16​
Missouri
14​
New Jersey
14​
Arizona
13​
Michigan
11​
Ohio
11​
Hawai'i
10​
Virginia
9​
Illinois
8​
Kansas
8​
Mississippi
8​
Tennessee
8​
Iowa
7​
Washington
7​
Washington, DC
7​
Colorado
6​
Louisiana
6​
North Carolina
6​
Pennsylvania
6​
Oklahoma
5​
Massachusetts
5​
Nevada
5​
Utah
5​
New York
4​
Connecticut
3​
Arkansas
2​
Kentucky
2​
Minnesota
2​
Nebraska
2​
South Carolina
2​
Wisconsin
2​
Indiana
1​
Oregon
1​
South Dakota
1​
Alaska
0​
Delaware
0​
Idaho
0​
Maine
0​
Montana
0​
New Hampshire
0​
New Mexico
0​
North Dakota
0​
Rhode Island
0​
Vermont
0​
West Virginia
0​
Wyoming
0​

It’s a fairly quiet time of the year so I thought I would take a look at Nebraska’s current recruiting efforts. Some of these numbers are eye-popping.

Total offers:

– Total offers
306 – Currently uncommitted
3 – Nebraska commits (QB, WR, OL)

Offers by Position:
Position
Offers
Not Committed
QB
8​
4​
RB
40​
30​
WR
73​
49​
TE
18​
12​
OL
65​
38​
DE
60​
44​
DT
25​
15​
LB
65​
45​
DB
68​
42​
ATH
41​
27​

• 181 – Number of offers by Nebraska to kids from states that are typically dominated by SEC schools’ locations (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana and Kentucky).
  • 58 – Number of kids offered by Nebraska that are committed to an SEC school.
  • 36 – Number of kids offered by Nebraska that are committed to an ACC school.
  • 30 – Number of kids offered by Nebraska that are committed to a Big 10 school.
  • 27 – Offers by Nebraska to kids from the state of Alabama.
  • 18 – Offers by Nebraska to kids currently committed to Alabama.
  • 14 – Offers by Nebraska to kids currently committed to a PAC12 school.
  • 10 – Offers by Nebraska to kids currently committed to Clemson.
  • 10 – Offers by Nebraska to kids currently committed to a Big 12 school.
Offers by state:

Florida
85​
Texas
57​
California
45​
Georgia
45​
Alabama
27​
Maryland
16​
Missouri
14​
New Jersey
14​
Arizona
13​
Michigan
11​
Ohio
11​
Hawai'i
10​
Virginia
9​
Illinois
8​
Kansas
8​
Mississippi
8​
Tennessee
8​
Iowa
7​
Washington
7​
Washington, DC
7​
Colorado
6​
Louisiana
6​
North Carolina
6​
Pennsylvania
6​
Oklahoma
5​
Massachusetts
5​
Nevada
5​
Utah
5​
New York
4​
Connecticut
3​
Arkansas
2​
Kentucky
2​
Minnesota
2​
Nebraska
2​
South Carolina
2​
Wisconsin
2​
Indiana
1​
Oregon
1​
South Dakota
1​
Alaska
0​
Delaware
0​
Idaho
0​
Maine
0​
Montana
0​
New Hampshire
0​
New Mexico
0​
North Dakota
0​
Rhode Island
0​
Vermont
0​
West Virginia
0​
Wyoming
0​
Thanks for doing that. If you're anything like me, such a detailed data-driven list is probably a sign that there was something else that you were supposed to be doing that you didn't want to do, right now.

Is that just me?

Never mind.

Thanks for doing that. If you're anything like me, such a detailed data-driven list is probably a sign that there was something else that you were supposed to be doing that you didn't want to do, right now.

Is that just me?

Never mind.
The offers seemed to be piling up and curiosity got the better of me and it didn't take long. I created an Excel spreadsheet with formulas that grabs and separates the data from the different recruiting services which allows me to manipulate the data and catoegorize and organize the different data fields. Took about 30 minutes.

The offers seemed to be piling up and curiosity got the better of me and it didn't take long. I created an Excel spreadsheet with formulas that grabs and separates the data from the different recruiting services which allows me to manipulate the data and catoegorize and organize the different data fields. Took about 30 minutes.
Dang, I was hoping you'd say something like "I used Map/R in my Hadoop cluster" or "I used a spider to slurp in every twitter feed from the past 18 months and shoved it into Spark".

Great work either way. ;)

One quick takeaway from the data.... We have already offered players from 38 different states. Just found that interesting.
It makes me wonder what prospective diamonds in the rough we're missing in those other 12 states then, right? And what about American Samoa? When are we going to get some offers out there?

:Sarcastic:

On a serious note, I find it even more interesting that Nebraska has offered 10 kids from Hawaii.
I expect that to continue, and, fwiw, I actually expect us to eventually pull someone out of American Samoa. There are a lot of kids there who go to high school in Hawaii or on the mainland in order to get exposure, but they're starting to be recruited there.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back