• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NOT TO SOUND SEXIST BUT...

The rule in our house is the one who cooks doesn't have to clean up. My spouse spend lots of time cleaning up after me.

Do you all agree that one of the hardest things about meal prep is just figuring out what to cook?

This is a fun site on the HuskerMax Board. Keep posting so that I can try some of your recipes!

:Biggrin: I hate the cleanup routine - actually I think that's one of the things that keeps me cooking. But yeppers, the planning thing is the issue. We keep trying to use up the stuff buried in our freezer (if you can figure out what it is :eek:).

Things go smoothest in our house if I just keep a running list of meals for the next week or so - I just keep crossing one off as we make it and adding another as I think of it.

The crock pot is my buddy :)

We could probably start a thread for just crock pot recipes.

:Biggrin: I hate the cleanup routine - actually I think that's one of the things that keeps me cooking. But yeppers, the planning thing is the issue. We keep trying to use up the stuff buried in our freezer (if you can figure out what it is :eek:).

Things go smoothest in our house if I just keep a running list of meals for the next week or so - I just keep crossing one off as we make it and adding another as I think of it.

The crock pot is my buddy :)

We could probably start a thread for just crock pot recipes.

Great Idea! Do it. Start with one of your best .

That's a really good idea :thumbsup:, I think I'm going to bounce off the misses to see what she thinks of it. That way the young'uns can't complain about not knowing what to make when it's their turn to cook. I probably will help with keeping out of the same old, same old rut for dinner!

It probably will help with keeping out of the same old, same old rut for dinner!

That's exactly my goal - when I can keep it up. I go through lazy stretches too, but you can eat a heck of alot healthier, better, and cheaper with just a little planning.

I also love the idea of having your kids cook, it's an important skill, boys included. My son (now 20) fancies himself quite the bbq maestro by now. He's had several of his friends' parents ask him over to handle the bbq chores for parties they've had. There are lots of benefits there to be had.

Last edited:

The rule in our house is the one who cooks doesn't have to clean up. My spouse spend lots of time cleaning up after me.

Do you all agree that one of the hardest things about meal prep is just figuring out what to cook?

This is a fun site on the HuskerMax Board. Keep posting so that I can try some of your recipes!
Absolutely. I'm a good cook but my wife is a stone killer, I encourage her to cook more than I do. I'm the breakfast chef and the smoker but usually when I make the evening meal it's because she's tired of figuring out what to cook, not because she's tired of cooking. I have a twisted imagination so it works out pretty well.

I am the cook in my house.

I cook 85% of the time
Leftovers 10% of the time
Dining out 5% of the time

My wife cooks maybe once every two weeks, maybe.

I'm the cook 100%.

My dad does all the cooking, my mom does all the baking. Best of both worlds.

Thank god for the dishwasher invention.

We grill at least 4-5 nights a week so I end up doing most of the meals. Even when we don't grill I do a lot with the oven, stove and skillet. My wife is mainly a microwave cooker so I do most of the cooking. She makes great deserts though.

That's exactly my goal - when I can keep it up. I go through lazy stretches too, but you can eat a heck of alot healthier, better, and cheaper with just a little planning.

I also love the idea of having your kids cook, it's an important skill, boys included. My son (now 20) fancies himself quite the bbq maestro by now. He's had several of his friends' parents ask him over to handle the bbq chores for parties they've had. There are lots of benefits there to be had.

I love cooking on the grill. I can't wait for consistent good weather so I can go back to charcoal. Gas is ok, but not quite the same. Also plan on getting quite a bit of use out of the new smoker this year!

My wife cooks a handfull of times a year and that's it. I do 99% of all cooking in the house.

Last edited:

The wife and I share cooking duties, unfortunately, we don't have the time with both of us working to really do creative things, esp. with small children. However, when it comes to trying most of the "newer" recipes, I am the one who is willing to handle the cooking.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back