• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU v. Ohio St. Big 10 Championship Game - 5/26/19

Close, but no cigar! Need to recruit kids that can hit the damned ball.
Certainly ones that can hit lefties...cuz that deficiency is seriously a characteristic of the Erstad teams. Appreciate the effort of the team and optimistic for what's ahead. Some nice contributions from guys coming back...but need a MASHER!!!

Working outside so just came in the house. Wife (who knows the game well) told me - you can't win if you strand runners virtually "every" inning. She was miffed, to say the least. Hope the Huskers can find some hits "on the road" cause that's what they'll be doing and certainly won't be playing in Omaha again.

Just saw a replay of the “reviewed” play at first. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL **** Were they reviewing.

It was close. I don't know that anyone can say it was an absolute miss on review. Had he been called safe, there wouldn't have been enough evidence to change that ruling either. Unfortunate.

Certainly ones that can hit lefties...cuz that deficiency is seriously a characteristic of the Erstad teams. Appreciate the effort of the team and optimistic for what's ahead. Some nice contributions from guys coming back...but need a MASHER!!!
We need several mashers. How many times during this tournament did we leave runners stranded? How many times did we have bases loaded and not get hits? Seemed like our kids don’t know the strike zone and either chase really bad pitches or got caught looking at a call third strike. Very frustrating.

Bats got them to the final, and then they failed them. My hope is that our conference tourney play helped our team into a favorable regional.

Interesting couple of regional projections from the usually reliable Baseball America:

Just got back from the game. Don't have time to go through a 53 page thread, so I expect i'm repeating stuff. But that place was amped up and ready to go. Our fans stayed into it despite the lack of offense. Props to Husker fans.

A few big moments in the game. Obviously the call at first and replay was huge. Prior to that, their reliever comes in, throws 4 balls on 5 pitches, and then we first pitch swing and fly out weakly. We have struggled to hit lefties all year. Swinging first pitch all day wasn't going to pressure them on pitch count.

Gutsy efforts by Matt Waldron and Shay. Shay has a bright future. Decent tournament, but today was really disappointing. Table was set for a glorious celebration and it went poof.

Just got back from the game. Don't have time to go through a 53 page thread, so I expect i'm repeating stuff. But that place was amped up and ready to go. Our fans stayed into it despite the lack of offense. Props to Husker fans.

A few big moments in the game. Obviously the call at first and replay was huge. Prior to that, their reliever comes in, throws 4 balls on 5 pitches, and then we first pitch swing and fly out weakly. We have struggled to hit lefties all year. Swinging first pitch all day wasn't going to pressure them on pitch count.

Gutsy efforts by Matt Waldron and Shay. Shay has a bright future. Decent tournament, but today was really disappointing. Table was set for a glorious celebration and it went poof.
“Poof” is a very good description of today’s result. I am getting tired of “poof.”

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back