• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Clemson releases supplement list given to football players

1. These guys aren't shopping at GNC like you and I.
2. Protein and caffeine. That's literally all they need. 3. The stuff these guys popped positive for aren't ingredients that you'll find in a supplement store.

Most of the positives I've seen recently are some form of post cycle therapy that would ONLY be taken if an athlete was coming off a cycle of steroids. Like you mention, none of the things I've seen in the last ten years plus is available over the counter. Andro was and was banned. That's really the last I OTC supplement I remember being an actual banned performance enhancer.

Most of the positives I've seen recently are some form of post cycle therapy that would ONLY be taken if an athlete was coming off a cycle of steroids. Like you mention, none of the things I've seen in the last ten years plus is available over the counter. Andro was and was banned. That's really the last I OTC supplement I remember being an actual banned performance enhancer.
Tren was the last I remember and it's now a scheduled drug. You could buy it OTC in 2010 iirc, but by 2011 it was a scheduled drug. I think it's fairly obvious these dudes were on gear. I get why even though I'm opposed to it, but what irritates me is the hypocrisy Dabo is displaying. The lying is counter to this holy roller image that Dabo likes to portray

Tren was the last I remember and it's now a scheduled drug. You could buy it OTC in 2010 iirc, but by 2011 it was a scheduled drug. I think it's fairly obvious these dudes were on gear. I get why even though I'm opposed to it, but what irritates me is the hypocrisy Dabo is displaying. The lying is counter to this holy roller image that Dabo likes to portray
Based on nothing more than a hunch, I wouldn't doubt that Dabo believes them. Coaches can have blindsides to their players' faults. I've generally stopped taking the word of my players when they have claimed that they were "retaliating" because the film usually showed something else.

Based on nothing more than a hunch, I wouldn't doubt that Dabo believes them. Coaches can have blindsides to their players' faults. I've generally stopped taking the word of my players when they have claimed that they were "retaliating" because the film usually showed something else.

You may be right. He's naive if he believes them, but it's certainly possible.

Brian Cushing once tried telling me he had failed a test for “overworked athlete syndrome” or something like that which had his testosterone jacked. Of course he was reaching in his track bag of pills at the time.
I remember seeing a photo of Cushing when he was at U$C, and it was blatantly obvious that he was on the juice.

These things usually involve a player or two that have a source and end up sharing that source with buddies on the team and not the high level conspiracy involving S&C or assistant coaches running a scheduled program. It's much easier to 'believe' your kids aren't cheating when you're not involved in it directly. I suspect something like that is the case at Clemson.

These things usually involve a player or two that have a source and end up sharing that source with buddies on the team and not the high level conspiracy involving S&C or assistant coaches running a scheduled program. It's much easier to 'believe' your kids aren't cheating when you're not involved in it directly. I suspect something like that is the case at Clemson.
I agree. It's also easy to convince yourself that it's just a supplement and not something illegal, and everyone plays along with it because they want it to be true, but they also want the advantage. Eventually, someone gets caught, and everyone has to re-evaluate.

I agree. It's also easy to convince yourself that it's just a supplement and not something illegal, and everyone plays along with it because they want it to be true, but they also want the advantage. Eventually, someone gets caught, and everyone has to re-evaluate.

Yep.

Most of what’s ‘banned’ has nothing to do with supplements. The IOC bans a lot of OTC and script meds because they’re considered performance enhancers. The things most of these kids piss hot for are not in any supplement. They’re juicing and get caught using post cycle therapy drugs because they’re not pros at it yet. Dabo has another bunch of kids test for anti estrogen drugs this fall and I won’t believe he’s in the dark anymore.

100% this. I remember that exact thing happening at my college in the late 90's. Them boys got jacked in a hurry.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back