• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bill Moos is considering allowing alcohol at Husker football games in the suites and loge levels.

I'm surprised by the large amount people against stadium wide beer sales. Hell, I barely even drink, and I want to remember the games I go to so I don't really even partake, especially now that I take my son. It would have been more appealing in my 20's and early 30's. This is like the "war" or drugs, while necessary in many aspects, it's a war that will keep being lost like Vietnam. People are going to get drunk whether they sell beer to the masses or not. People sneak in liquor and leave and half time to "reload". Why not pull in about $640,000 like @Art Vandelay laid out? Is it better for the "drunk" to spend $8 for a beer or sneak in a pint of booze (8.5 shots or drinks). The beer will fill him up faster and he won't go from 0-wasted as quick.

@joncarl, I understand your concern for drunk drivers, but how could they prove where the person consumed the majority of their alcohol? And if it where really a big threat, why haven't all the other events like pro sports and music concerts been sued out of business? I'd rather have someone put their money to DONU and drink beer at the game opposed to the hard stuff being snuck in and binge drinking before the game and at half time. I make the drive with my son from Omaha to Lincoln and I worry about the drunks on the road as well, but I don't think stadium wide sales would change any of the that.
Poor analogy on memorial day weekend.

You have problems with checking IDs and I don't see many people wanting to wait in line during game to buy a $10 beer. Don't see how how much revenue it would really generate. Me personally the smell makes me nauseous but that's because of my past battles with alcohol. I just see it as opening a can of worms that doesnt need to be opened

You have problems with checking IDs and I don't see many people wanting to wait in line during game to buy a $10 beer. Don't see how how much revenue it would really generate. Me personally the smell makes me nauseous but that's because of my past battles with alcohol. I just see it as opening a can of worms that doesnt need to be opened

There are good arguments for and against, but the bold is just where I am at. Either way it won't bother me.

The analogy is either poor or not regardless of the date.

No need for you to exploit the date to try to shame him.
As a veteran who lost many good friends in actual wars I will choose to be angry on whatever date I want. Timing does matter. If you choose to make a joke based on a war. Maybe pick a time to make that joke on a day when we re not going into a weekend where we honor those who died in war. Either way I think it is in poor taste. Particularly poor taste this weekend.

As a veteran who lost many good friends in actual wars I will choose to be angry on whatever date I want. Timing does matter. If you choose to make a joke based on a war. Maybe pick a time to make that joke on a day when we re not going into a weekend where we honor those who died in war. Either way I think it is in poor taste. Particularly poor taste this weekend.
He wasn't making a joke about it.
Settle down.

I can see why some would be offended by limiting the sale to certain "classes" of fan if you will. I can also see why the University would be extremely hesitant to let us hooligans run amok in the stands :)

I could have left the comparison part about Vietnam out of my statement. I'm not going to really get into my views on that war because I wasn't alive and don't really have a right, and I come from a military family so you can probably guess what my actual opinions are regarding the military or any war our soldiers fought in. My Dad was a Marine and my uncle was an Airborne Ranger. If it was offensive to you I apologize, it was my intent to compare it to the war on drugs.

He wasn't making a joke about it.
Settle down.
I will not, to some of us Memorial day is not just a day off work to BBQ. This was a very good friend of mine. http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/kmshea.htm I played rugby with him for years including a game against a british unit in the first Gulf War. Every time memorial day hits I sit and cry for Kevin's family.

Why are you even defending him. I started with a simple comment directed at him. He will either respond or he will not. I did not intend to make a big deal out of it until you injected yourself.

I could have left the comparison part about Vietnam out of my statement. I'm not going to really get into my views on that war because I wasn't alive and don't really have a right, and I come from a military family so you can probably guess what my actual opinions are regarding the military or any war our soldiers fought in. My Dad was a Marine and my uncle was an Airborne Ranger. If it was offensive to you I apologize, it was my intent to compare it to the war on drugs.
Thank you. I only intended it as a reminder. Did not mean to shame you as some think I did. A rough weekend for me.

I will not, to some of us Memorial day is not just a day off work to BBQ. This was a very good friend of mine. http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/kmshea.htm I played rugby with him for years including a game against a british unit in the first Gulf War. Every time memorial day hits I sit and cry for Kevin's family.

Why are you even defending him. I started with a simple comment directed at him. He will either respond or he will not. I did not intend to make a big deal out of it until you injected yourself.
I wasn't defending him. I passed no judgement on the content of his post, other than you read too much into it and built a strawman to attack. You claimed he was making a joke. What kind of joke was it? A limerick? A riddle? A Tom Swiftie? His response since clearly indicates you were way off base.

I thank all who gave some, and mourn some who gave all, and have sympathy for their family and friends. If you want to start a thread about how Memorial Day isn't recognized the way it should be, perhaps you should do that and stop derailing this one with strawmen, virtue signalling, and exploiting the dead.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back