• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten Baseball Tournament

If I am not mistaken this was a 9:00 am play in game on Tuesday-not exactly fair to be comparing it with Iowa and Indiana that began at 4. I don't think anyone was surprised that the attendance improved once Nebraska played. Not worth arguing over, I just thought it would be better.

It also wouldn't be fair to make the comparison without considering the weather

If I recall correctly, I think they said on tv last night that Minnesota was saving their best pitcher for today.

I never understand that concept in a tournament setting, assuming he's had enough rest since his last start. Otherwise, why risk dropping to the loser's/elimination bracket right off the bat just to save the best pitcher? Your mentality ALWAYS has to be to do whatever it takes to win the first game -- use your best players!

In my mind, heading into this tournament, I would have ranked the likelihood of winning as this:

Tier One: Indiana, Illinois
Tier Two: Michigan, Nebraska
Tier Three: Minnesota, Iowa, Maryland, Ohio State

Illinois has already been blown up. Indiana needs to wake up.

Crazy tournament thus far -- but I like it.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back