• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ethan Piper, DL/OL Norfolk Catholic is N

Not a form issue but a question. Anyone else noticing a lot fo guys doing squats in socks lately? Why is that?
Great...here comes some analysis as I just watched the video.

The shoes that he has taken off appear to be what eventually became your standard running shoe with a 12mm heel-to-toe drop. That means that when Ethan wears those shoes, his heel is 12mm higher off the ground than his toes are in the shoes. There are shoes that have a 0 drop which some like to wear when lifting. By lifting in his socks, Ethan is standing flat on the floor instead of having his heels higher.

The shoes that he has taken off appear to be what eventually became your standard running shoe with a 12mm heel-to-toe drop. That means that when Ethan wears those shoes, his heel is 12mm higher off the ground than his toes are in the shoes. There are shoes that have a 0 drop which some like to wear when lifting. By lifting in his socks, Ethan is standing flat on the floor instead of having his heels higher.

I don't know how girls walk in high heels let alone a dude do squats in them.

(I have the average reading comprehension of your average HMaxer)

Yep...its funny...I walk into the S&C sweatshop my son works out in (wideout sophomore) and the kids are either in their socks...or now...everyone wears Vans for the 0 drop in heel. I'm like, is this a surfer convention or a football team? :Confused::Wave:

Last edited:
Yep...its funny...I walk into the S&C sweatshop my son works out in (wideout sophomore) and the kids are either in their socks...or now...everyone wears Vans for the 0 drop in heel. I'm like, is this a surfer convention or a football team? :Confused::Wave:
I've seen that. There are several options out there besides Vans or Converse All-Stars that are athletic shoes.

Last edited:
At much less weight than that ive seen standard shoes blow out. Especially running shoes. Popped some Nike Airs back in the day. Made a squishing sound with every step

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back