• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bill Moos is considering allowing alcohol at Husker football games in the suites and loge levels.

Bigger Ed

XL Cranial Shield w/ Auxiliary Vision Enhancement
5 Year Member
From the front page: Bill Moos is considering allowing alcohol* at Husker football games in the suites and loge levels. The article is behind a paywall so I can't read the story, but...

I'd rather not have alchohol in Memorial Stadium, but I'd rather have it everywhere than just for a select few. Total BS if that happens.

From the front page: Bill Moos is considering allowing alcohol* at Husker football games in the suites and loge levels. The article is behind a paywall so I can't read the story, but...

I'd rather not have alchohol in Memorial Stadium, but I'd rather have it everywhere than just for a select few. Total BS if that happens.
Its already in the student section

Agree.
Legalize it for everyone, or no-one

Agree.
Legalize it for everyone, or no-one
Out of curiosity, why is it an “everyone or no one” thought process for you guys?

Because it regards all fans as equals regarding a controversial subject/privilege.
Interesting. Is there an uproar at Ohio State, Michigan state, Illinois, Purdue, Rutgers, and Wisconsin about inequality due to only selling in premium seating? Seems like that’s how sports have worked for years to me, right? Pay more, get a better seat, view, amenities.

Interesting. Is there an uproar at Ohio State, Michigan state, Illinois, Purdue, Rutgers, and Wisconsin about inequality due to only selling in premium seating? Seems like that’s how sports have worked for years to me, right? Pay more, get a better seat, view, amenities.
Is there an uproar at professional sports venues that make beer available to everyone? Seems like they've sold beer for years, right?
I don't know about uproars at other places. Maybe you should ask them. Just because someone doesn't get outraged or create an uproar about something, doesn't mean that decision is right. Some people just simply accept what they cannot control. But that doesn't mean they agree with it.

Last edited:
I don't think the University needs the money so from that stand point I don't think having alcohol in the stadium is needed. From the stand point that a lot of people do business in the suites etc. on game day I don't have a problem with it. Personally, not really a good image to portray, and I think the 3 1/2 hours of game is good to have people sober up a bit before they go home.

I guess the decision will be made far above my head so I don't think losing any sleep over this decision will happen and I don't think it is worth getting up in arms about, I am more worried about winning games, so I guess what ever.

I'd probably have to agree. Otherwise they are suggesting the upper-crust fellows up in the box suites can control their alcohol consumption while the poor slobs squished together in the regular paid seats would get too drunk.
As someone who used to work security at a stadium that allowed alcohol. It is very easy to control a situation with an out of control drunk in the suites. The ratio of security to fans is about 1-15 or 20 in the luxury box area. In general admission it is about 1-1000. It is tough to control when you get one group fighting another. In the suites it is all happening in an isolated area so no one else joins in.

As someone who used to work security at a stadium that allowed alcohol. It is very easy to control a situation with an out of control drunk in the suites. The ratio of security to fans is about 1-15 or 20 in the luxury box area. In general admission it is about 1-1000. It is tough to control when you get one group fighting another. In the suites it is all happening in an isolated area so no one else joins in.

I appreciate that dynamic, but that's not what how average fan would view a decision for box suites only, and that's the point I was trying to make.

I don't really care that much, but not everyone can afford those type of premium seats/suites. Many could afford a beer or two extra though. I get what you're saying, but why not make it stadium wide if they're going to allow the wealthy to do it?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back