• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Suh to Tampa

His best years were spent with a losing detroit team. Had he been on a competitive team we would be talking about a hall of fame career.
Lets keep in mind there's been many HOF players that never played for good teams imo. Part of Suh's problem is he's one of the most disliked players in the NFL today. He's cleaned up his act the last couple of years so perhaps there's still time to garner votes for the HOF when he retires....

I am a fan of his clean play and wish he would have stayed with a SB contender and not become a mercenary signing one year contracts, hopping from team to team.

C

Suh hung with a bad team through two contracts. He took a shot at the brass ring and came up a bit short. His career is now winding down. Why should he not NOW go for the money while he still can?

You're assuming that TB will pay more than LA?

Suh was perhaps the greatest defensive linemen to ever don a Husker uniform. Didn't have the over all impact I thought he would have in the NFL but still very very good. He's made a ton of money and been almost injury free. Be interesting to see how he works out at the Bucs.....

There have been a number of quality DL's for NU, starting with Rich Glover in '70 and '71, who had the game of his life against OU in '71 against their AA center.

There have been a number of quality DL's for NU, starting with Rich Glover in '70 and '71, who had the game of his life against OU in '71 against their AA center.
I don't disagree only that Glover played on a really great team surrounded by many great players. Suh on the other hand was a one man wrecking crew imo. Without him that D imo wasn't anywhere nearly as good as it was in 09. Suh could single handed wreck a teams game plan like he did to Texas! He was as good as I've seen as a defensive lineman for the Huskers. Obviously it's debatable with good cause...

I don't disagree only that Glover played on a really great team surrounded by many great players. Suh on the other hand was a one man wrecking crew imo. Without him that D imo wasn't anywhere nearly as good as it was in 09. Suh could single handed wreck a teams game plan like he did to Texas! He was as good as I've seen as a defensive lineman for the Huskers. Obviously it's debatable with good cause...
I disagree with that.

Prince Akuamura
Phillip Dillard
Jared Crick
Eric Hagg
Blake Lawrence
Eric Martin
Will Compton
Pierre Allen
Larry Asante
DeJon Gomes

All guys who've had at least a cup of coffee with the NFL. NU's defense was NC worthy ... led by Suh of course ... coupled with a pathetic offense.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back