• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BBS Upgrade 5/16/19 at 3 PM Central Time

The only thing I liked more about the old BBS was the notifications really stood out. I think it may have been a personalized setting that helped my eyes on the phone screen.

Does anyone know how to set text size preferences?

Otherwise this upgrade was not the extensive shock it looked from the previews. Max did an A-level job.

Last edited:

The only thing I liked more about the old BBS was the notifications really stood out. I think it may have been a personalized setting that helped my eyes on the phone screen.

Does anyone know how to set text size preferences?

Otherwise this upgrade was not the extensive shock it looked from the previews. Max did an A-level job.

What browser are you using? In Google Chrome, click on the the three vertical dots in the upper right hand of the window. A menu drops down, click on ZOOM, and use the + or the - to increase or decrease text size. I'm sure that Windows 10 probably has a setting as well - but I find it better to use the browser setting because some sites are OK in size, and others need adjusting - just takes a second.

Edit - here's how to do it in Windows 10 and its' browser Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028566/windows-10-change-the-size-of-text

My iphone has a text size adjustment in settings>display and brightness>text size. I'm sure the Android system has something similar...

Last edited:
That changes fonts in other websites. I want to set font size for the forum, not on my browser.

Not a tech person at all, my computer works fine at work no problems what so ever, phone is fine, every once in a while something pops up at home about an ad blocker and I hit refresh and it goes away, so while I would love to complain, I got nothing. I am good.

Just had the old apple user pop ups again. Sorry, now going back to ad blocker. If I can’t get in without the blocker I’ll wait until the higher subscription without ads is available. Using iPad Pro FYI.

Last edited:

On my iPad I can see the number of pages there is on a thread & I can click on those pages. On my android phone however I cant see that which means I can't jump to hypothetically page 3 of 4.

Well, I see we're back to 1/2 page boxes (where you are reading this). Really makes the experience a drag. For a week we had a good looking site (it was the only good thing about the downgrade), now...not so much.

So far;

The bad;
1) the colors are off
2) can't just copy smilies from other sites and paste here anymore,
3) this box is half size; due to "Members online, Latest posts, Share this page & Husker Stanza," taking up half the page width...can't this all be put at the bottom and make the site look sharper...like it was for a week.
4) avatars in a circle
5) when on one page and there are more pages to follow, it doesn't show "# of posts to view" anymore

The good;
1) none that I can see...oh, oh, oh, the pop up ads (I think these are good???). Was this the reason for the downgrade?

Last edited:

I know different topic but what's the story with PRIVATE HotTopics? I read HotTopics threads but forced to log in first.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back