• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mills Is Officially N; Will Be On Campus Wednesday 22 May

I am sure he is very good or they wouldn’t have taken him but he looked very average in their championship game.

That was a defensive slugfest and he played in an offense that had a non-existent passing game to keep the defense honest. He's going to be salivating over the space he has to work with in Frost's offense.

Adding the Cal receiver and getting Mills eligible leaves the center position as the one real question mark on offense going in to the fall. We've got a lot of weapons around Martinez. This should be fun.

That was a defensive slugfest and he played in an offense that had a non-existent passing game to keep the defense honest. He's going to be salivating over the space he has to work with in Frost's offense.

Adding the Cal receiver and getting Mills eligible leaves the center position as the one real question mark on offense going in to the fall. We've got a lot of weapons around Martinez. This should be fun.
Cam is young but very athletic and very much a student of the game. It seems to much of a leap but the coaches have faith in this kid and I trust their optimism for his success. GBR

Cam is young but very athletic and very much a student of the game. It seems to much of a leap but the coaches have faith in this kid and I trust their optimism for his success. GBR

Yeah. I trust them, too and I think his athleticism opens some opportunities and the design of the offense should allow the staff to help him out. I think he'll eventually be really good but I think there will likely be growing pains.

Last edited:

The importance of this get cant be understated. Kudos on him doing what he had to do to get eligible. That tells me a lot about him right there. Adding a big-bodied, experienced RB to the roster seriously alleviates a lot of my worries going into this year. It also makes me salivate at Martinez's potential. If we can get defenses concerned about our inside run game, he is going to absolutely tear people up with his arm and his feet.
Yep freezing the linebackers for just a half second on play action can be the difference between a sack and a long TD pass. For that to work the must believe the run is possible.

I see one more piece of the puzzle as SF gets a complete team put together. It's important to have a big tough RB in the BIG and Mills seems to fill that bill. Who knows how effective he'll be but he's certainly going to get the chance to prove himself. This is probably his last shot at getting back to P5 football so he'll give it everything he's got imo. Motivation is a beautiful thing and I believe Mills will be HIGHLY motivated after going through everything he has to get a shot at playing for Nebraska. I give him a lot of credit for hanging in there, doubling down scholastically and hopefully getting cleared. Try to imagine the difference of playing at Garden City (Kansas) Community College and UNL! The facilities, the training.. the everything! Not knocking GCC as it is what it is... but the differences are staggering imo.

Lets hope Mills pans out because he could well be an important piece of the division winning puzzle this coming season..............

I see one more piece of the puzzle as SF gets a complete team put together. It's important to have a big tough RB in the BIG and Mills seems to fill that bill. Who knows how effective he'll be but he's certainly going to get the chance to prove himself. This is probably his last shot at getting back to P5 football so he'll give it everything he's got imo. Motivation is a beautiful thing and I believe Mills will be HIGHLY motivated after going through everything he has to get a shot at playing for Nebraska. I give him a lot of credit for hanging in there, doubling down scholastically and hopefully getting cleared. Try to imagine the difference of playing at Garden City (Kansas) Community College and UNL! The facilities, the training.. the everything! Not knocking GCC as it is what it is... but the differences are staggering imo.

Lets hope Mills pans out because he could well be an important piece of the division winning puzzle this coming season..............

Keep in mind he played at GA Tech for a year and gained 700+ yards as a true Frosh.

Many guys make the transition just fine ( ie Lavonte David) from JUCO to P-5 schools.

Keep in mind he played at GA Tech for a year and gained 700+ yards as a true Frosh.

Many guys make the transition just fine ( ie Lavonte David) from JUCO to P-5 schools.
I'm hopeful Mills will make a smooth transition from JUCO to P-5 and become an important part of the team. What I'm surmising is he will be highly motivated after going through everything he's done to get back to P5 football..... I'll be very happy when/if he's officially cleared and can start training in Lincoln....

I started this thread because the article seemed very definitive about Mills returning. I apologize that it wasn't as certain as it read. Here's hoping Monday provides good news!! GBR

I'm hopeful Mills will make a smooth transition from JUCO to P-5 and become an important part of the team. What I'm surmising is he will be highly motivated after going through everything he's done to get back to P5 football..... I'll be very happy when/if he's officially cleared and can start training in Lincoln....
Yeah some JC kids wnd up doing all right.
Rozier spent his freshman season at Coffeyville Junior College in Kansas, in order to get his grades up. In his one season with the Coffeyville Ravens, he led them to a 9-0 season, gaining 1157 yards with a gaudy 7.4 yards-per-carry average, and scored ten touchdowns.

I started this thread because the article seemed very definitive about Mills returning. I apologize that it wasn't as certain as it read. Here's hoping Monday provides good news!! GBR

Your good no apology needed. Its actually turned out to be quite a good discussion

The importance of this get cant be understated. Kudos on him doing what he had to do to get eligible. That tells me a lot about him right there. Adding a big-bodied, experienced RB to the roster seriously alleviates a lot of my worries going into this year. It also makes me salivate at Martinez's potential. If we can get defenses concerned about our inside run game, he is going to absolutely tear people up with his arm and his feet.
Oh how the times have changed with our offense now that a 215lb RB is considered “big bodied” :)

I am glad it looks like he is going to get things in order and get to Lincoln. I hope he lives up to expectations. I think he will, but you never know. He could be Thunder Collins 2.0.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back